11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2013 9:47 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

IR code for skyworth C9700N cable set top box

shlok

I am unable to find my cable set top box skyworth C9700N. I am unable to find & control it through ir blaster.

I have a logitech harmoney 550 remote configured for the said set top box. Can I do some thing with it.

• Re: IR code for skyworth C9700N cable set top box
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

alanrichey42 Master

jI have a Skyworth C7600. I want to find the RCU configuration to make it works, or someone explain to me how to build it please.

I thought I had already pointed you to my Article on this ?  Or did you decide it was too difficult ?

1. Please receipt the code value of each button at the attachment.

The code format is: NEC

The system code is: 402C

2. The name of the RCU supplier is: ZHE JIANG HIYE ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD

3. The model of the RCU is: cprc-193A

OK, a few more points/questions

1.  The RCU is irrelevant, it is only the device itseld we need to know about.

2.  Unfortunately there is a crucial piece of information missing, which is the device code.

3.  This device still hasn't appeared in the Logitech Harmony IR Database I use so I can't do a direct build.

4.  We have discussed this on other posts and you said that the Custom Remote I built for Skyworth C-7000 partially worked ?   What did you mean EXACTLY ?

Al

javolk Newbie

OK, a few more points/questions

J > Device Itself, you mean the STB or what device?

2.  Unfortunately there is a crucial piece of information missing, which is the device code.

J > I add more info about the RCU Device in next picture, but I need to know what Code need.

3.  This device still hasn't appeared in the Logitech Harmony IR Database I use so I can't do a direct build.

J > .We need IR code? I need to know especify what we need to I cant Ask to the STB or RCU manufacturer.

4.   We have discussed this on other posts and you said that the Custom  Remote I built for Skyworth C-7000 partially worked ? 

What did you  mean EXACTLY ?

J > C7000 Works some buttons like [OK], [UP], [DOWN], [LEFT], [RIGHT], and [0, 1 .. 9] = Numbers,[ON-OFF].

But All the rest are not working or are missing due the diferneces function buttons and model.

This is the C7000

javolk Newbie

system code, try 01FD

alanrichey42 Master

J > Device Itself, you mean the STB or what device?

Yes.  Remember, we are trying to program the Slingbox so it sends the correct IR codes to make the changes on your STB that you want.   When you are away on holiday the RCU will be sitting on your sofa at home and will have nothing to do with what we are trying to do.  It is irrelevant.

4.   We have discussed this on other posts and you said that the Custom  Remote I built for Skyworth C-7000 partially worked ? 

What did you  mean EXACTLY ?

J > C7000 Works some buttons like [OK], [UP], [DOWN], [LEFT], [RIGHT], and [0, 1 .. 9] = Numbers,[ON-OFF].

But All the rest are not working or are missing due the diferneces function buttons and model.

OK, that puts the last piece of the jigsaw in place.   But is puts me in an impossible position

Time to explain more what we are looking for:   An IR Signal is transmitted using one of about 20 industry-standard Protocols/Format.   The details you provided tell me that we should be using the 'NEC' protocol and that is the Protocol/Format that the SkyWorth C7000 uses so that makes perfect sense.

The next part of an IR code is known as a Device number (And sometimes a Sub-Device Number), and manufactures will pick a number between 0-255 and use that.  The purpose of this is to make sure that if there are multiple devices in your system (TV,DVD,Cable...) then ONLY the targeted device will act on the IR transmission.   Now that was the missing piece of information from the details you originally provided.   But you say that the C7000 Custom Remote partially operates and that uses the Device Code of 1 and a SubDevice of 246.  Hence that part of the jigsaw is complete.

The final part of an IR Transmission is a single code to represent the button you have pressed.  This is also a number between 0-255.   So I assumed on the data sheet you sent that the numbers on the buttons represented the IR Code (in hexadecimal),    And here lies the problem:

In the C7000 Custom Remote you say the numbers all work, and in that BIN file the codes for 0-9 are:

0 - 00

1 - 01

2 - 02

3 - 03

and so on, very logical. 

But if I look at the first picture you sent the codes appear to be:

0 - 18 (12 Hex)

1 - 09

2 - 29 (1D Hex)

3 - 31 (1F Hex)

and so on

If I look at the second image you sent the codes appear to be:

0 - 135 (87 Hex)

1 - 146 (92 Hex)

2 - 147 (93 Hex)

3 - 204 (CC Hex)

So I am quite happy to admit I have no clue what is going on, it makes absolutely no sense 

My proposal is that we throw away all the data sheets you have provided as they give us contradictory information.   What we need to do is start with the C7000 Custom Remote and then check the codes between 0-255 that are not being used so we can identify what each code actually does.

So I have attached a new set of BIN files using the C2011 codes.   Now, the ONLY button that is correctly mapped is the Power button.  All the other buttons will send one of the unused codes.

So, rerun the Video setup to download these files to your Slingbox,  Then tap EVERY button (including the 15 Custom Buttons you get when you right-click on the remote image) and tell me what each button does.   Remember that the box needs to be in a state where a certain function is irrelevant.   For example,it is no good trying to find the PAGE UP function if you are simply watching TV, you need to be in some sort of Menu screen.

Good luck

javolk Newbie

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your answer.

I see my mistake is that I mix the 2 STB I want to add, I really sorry.

I need to confirm that C7000 works with the Second Image I sent you.

I discard the first Image and let only the 2nd.

I want to start with your new BIN you build C2011, but I Just want to know How I add the new RCU Picture to start working on each Button or is already in the new BIN?.

And what Pl. or RV. what are they?

Could we talk by a private chat or Skype?

Thank you

Javier

alanrichey42 Master
                              I need to confirm that C7000 works with the Second Image I sent you.

I discard the first Image and let only the 2nd.

I want to start with your new BIN you build C2011, but I Just want to know How I add the new RCU Picture to start working on each Button or is already in the new BIN?.

OK, more misunderstandings.    Images are irrelevant, the ONLY thing we are interested in are the actual binary codes.

And what Pl. or RV. what are they?

Eh ??   That's a very worrying statement.  Everything I have been doing is based on the fact that you said you had already tried and installed the Custom Remote I built for the Skyworth C7000 ?   That had all the instructions in so you would know what they are.   Did you ACTUALLY mean that or did you mean that you had tried the built-in Skyworth C7000 ?    if so we need to forget everything we have done and start from the beginning,

Which was it ??

javolk Newbie

Alan Ofcorse I Intaled the C7000, Based on this I sent you the resoult of the buttons thats works and the ones dont.

I undertand also about the binary codes.

All the binary are in the buttons placed on the pictures IN add from the very first day, But I dont know how to add this binary.

I ask you about the Pictures of my RCU MODEL or change this PICTURES, and Tools to build this virtual RCU and to change the Code if I need to change function.

But I see you build it, so I will install this C2011.

By the way, I Have direct contact with teh RCU and STB manufacturer, just let me know what we need and I will direct ask them.