1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 13, 2011 2:43 PM by ranaleon RSS

connect to motorla wireless modem

icemansks

Just replaced my old Lynksys cable modem and Netgear router with DOCSIS 3.0 Motorola wirelss modem. Great improvement in download and upload speed and wireless connectioty. I assumed I just connected the Slingbox to the Motorla wireless modem using the ethernet connecttion just like I did to the old Netgear router. However I cannot connect now.  Anyone knwo how to reolsve this issue?

• Re: connect to motorla wireless modem
          Apprentice

Hi, icemansks

I understand that you are having some issues with your Slingbox Classic ever since you replaced your old router.

The router is the device that provides the IP address every network device needs in order to reach the Internet. Every time you connect the Slingbox to a router, it will modify its settings according to the new router configuration. This means that the Slingbox has a new IP address and you must set it up again for Internet Viewing.

The following article will provide you with all the information about this specific situation and the steps to follow in order to fix this issue.

Restoring your Slingbox to factory settings

Regards