5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2011 5:55 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Can anyone help?

mel

I recently purchased a Bush Freesat set-top box to connect to my slingbox PRO.

The model is: BFSAT03HD.

I would be very grateful if anyone could let me know the location of the IR sensor on the front of the box, because the IR blaster does not appear to control the box. I may have attached the BLASTER at the wrong location.

In the setup Assistant window, top left I can see the video and hear the sound but I cannot for the life of me set up the remote control for this as it is not listed. If I click on 'Other' I the need to enter the IR Code control and it shows five Codes: Code1, Code2,Code3, Code4,Code5, Custom Code.

I selected all five codes then tried the CustomCode, but I've no idea what I should enter. Could you advise?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

• Re: Can anyone help?
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

PS.  You ran a huge risk using that statement as a subject.  I only looked at your post as an afterthought.   You really ought to use a subject line that describes your problem so the appropriate expert will pick it up.

mel

Thanks Alan for your reply.

My apologies for not placing my request in the correct forum..actually, I thought it was in the right place.

I shall follow your instructions and hopefully I shall have it sorted.

Best regards

Mel Pereira

email: melpereira@btinternet.com

alanrichey42 Master
                  My apologies for not placing my request in the correct forum..actually, I thought it was in the right place.

No you misunderstand.  The forum was correct, it was your title.   As an example, I am the resident expert on Remotes so when I look through the postings I normally ONLY look at the title to see if it was related to remotes.  Similarly, there are experts here on remote viewing, connectivity...  and I am sure they do the same, just skipping through the titles to see if their speciality is there,

So no need to aplogise, I was just pointing out that using "Can anyone help" as the title would normally mean no-one would bother opening the post to check.  You were just lucky I happened to open it.   A title like "Cannot find remote for the BFSAT03HD"  would have guaranteed I opend it.

mel

Hi Alan

Thanks for your help, most appreciated.

Just to update and may be help another who has a similar satbox like mine, which is Bush Freesat HD, Model Number: BFSAT03HD.

I did as you advised but was unable to 'see' the remote on my laptop. So I went back again and re-selected different models and found 'Digisat' Make and used your download "S2010_RV.bin" file in the SBAV folder and used the Remote Code: "S2010" and lo and behold, the system worked. The skin is not the same as the remote that came with the set but all the button functions work, which is all I want!

I am really grateful for your advice. This may help others who have similar set top boxes, here in the UK and elsewhere.

Keep up the good work.

All the best

Mel

alanrichey42 Master

The S2010 means nothing, that is simply the code I use to show it is one of my remotes.   There are over 500 S2010s out there :-)

Which Custom Remote download did you use ?   I can then upload it under the BFSAT03HD name.   Was it the BFSAT01HD version ?