1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 12, 2011 2:45 PM by ranaleon RSS

routers

bmillam

confused!!!!

if I set up a different router for remote sling working. will it work? its of a different manufacturer.

I have read FAQ and some state that you have to rerun the sling setup. because the slings IP will be different to the routers gate IP.

yet another FAQ says that when the sling is switched on it gets it's IP from the router. so if the sling gets its IP from the router how can the slings IP be different to the routers gate IP.??

unfortunatly I am not at home. and am trying to find the simplest way around the problem of no TV.

• Re: routers
          Apprentice

Hi, bmillam

I understand that you want to know if the Slingbox will work if you connect it to a different router.

The answer is yes. Keep in mind that the router (any brand and model) are designed to provide the IP address any network device needs in order to reach the Internet service.

This means that when you are at a remote location, you only need to connect to the Internet with your computer or Mobile device in order to log in to your Sling Account. This procedure will allow you to get the remote connection to your Slingbox. The following link will provide you with further information in order to know how the Slingbox works.

How does the Slingbox work?

Regards