50 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2011 12:21 PM by Kory2468 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Panasonic DMR-BS850 & Reelbox Avantgarde

Kory2468 Newbie

Hello,

I own 2 SAT Receiver: 1x Panasonic DMR-BS850 & 1x Reelbox Avantgarde

Bioth tuners are not in the list of supported devices.

Before programming the remotes into my SlingBox pro HD, I would like to ask if anybody already

did that and could export the remote settings and send them to me.

If not,

I'll try to do that as soon as I am finished.

Thx

Kory

• Re: Panasonic DMR-BS850 & Reelbox Avantgarde
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

Kory2468 Newbie

Dear Alan,

thx for you help.

I've started to create my own Remote Control, but after 4 Hours(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I'm only at "4".

This is insane!

frome germany the betaremotes site is so **** slow that is unbelievable!!!!!

alanrichey42 Master

Did you try the Panasonic Custom Remotes at the JP1 site ?  I reckon the Panasonic DMR-EX78EB is a good bet.

And I built a Custom Remote for the Reelbox some momths ago but it was never proven so wasn't uploaded.  Might be worth a try so attached.

Kory2468 Newbie

Hi Alan,

I've managed to "insert" your BS750 Remote Code and it works quite fine.

Ho can I modify the code now?

And how can I change the look to the original panasonic remote control?

Kory2468 Newbie

Funny,

I have places 2 sender at my Panasonic BS850 and 2 at my Reelbox Avantgarde.

When I try your  AVG codes, my Panasonic shuts down! ;-) Strange

alanrichey42 Master
                              I have places 2 sender at my Panasonic BS850 and 2 at my Reelbox Avantgarde.

When I try your  AVG codes, my Panasonic shuts down! ;-) Strange

Not strange, my fault.   You can only have one '2010' code in the Slingbox, so when you tried the AVG code it used the one it already had for the Panasonic.   Here are 2 replacement BIN files for the AVG compiled to use '2011' as a code.  So put them in the \SBAV\ folder and run the setup again.  (You may have to redo the Panasonic one as well in case it got partially overwritten).

Al

alanrichey42 Master
                              I've managed to "insert" your BS750 Remote Code and it works quite fine.

Ho can I modify the code now?

And how can I change the look to the original panasonic remote control?

You can't (unless you want to spend hours learning) but I can.   What do you want changing ?

And I 'might' be able to change the look, please post a picture of the Panasonic remote

Kory2468 Newbie

Hi Alan,

1) would is cause you a lot of trouble to add the color keys to your Avantgard remote?

2) How can I "export" the settings when I am creating my own remote code?

3) If I am using the "default" panasonic remotes, I see an optically (almost) identical remote than the original.

If I create my own one, how can I "design & insert" the layout?

CU

Manfred

alanrichey42 Master
                                      1) would is cause you a lot of trouble to add the color keys to your Avantgard remote?

They are in already.   Are they showing as disabled or is just nothing happening when you tap them ?  (If you have a Mac, PLEASE tell me you read the instructions properly?)

2) How can I "export" the settings when I am creating my own remote code?

When you go to http://remotes.slingbox.com, select your Slingbox and show the remote do you not have an "Export Remote" option at the bottom ?

3) If I am using the "default" panasonic remotes, I see an optically (almost) identical remote than the original.

If I create my own one, how can I "design & insert" the layout?

Easier for me to do it.   What model number on the default gives you the right picture ?

Kory2468 Newbie

Dear Alan,

if I'll find etime tonight, I'll scan my remote controls  (Avantgarde and Panasonic DMR-BS850).

Than you'll see what I mean.

The Avantgarde remote that you've sent to me, is missing some importand keys.

And when I am connecting to my Slingbox via IPad opr iPhone I don't have any of the 4 coloured keys!

But for example: to play recordings I would need the red key.

alanrichey42 Master
                                              if I'll find etime tonight, I'll scan my remote controls  (Avantgarde and Panasonic DMR-BS850).

Than you'll see what I mean.

I know what you mean already.  Basically all Custom Remotes use the same basic default remote 'skin'.  But Sling have produced about 120 realistic remote 'skins' so if yours exist I can often use them.   There is no chance they have produced an Avantgarde remote but they do a Panasonic one. Check out http://slingbox.wikia.com/wiki/Skin.toc and see if any of them look OK.

The Avantgarde remote that you've sent to me, is missing some importand keys.

Unless you tell me which buttons there's not much I can do.  My psychic abilities are a bit poor at the moment  

And when I am connecting to my Slingbox via IPad opr iPhone I don't have any of the 4 coloured keys!

If you use the MISC button do you have the Custom Buttons showing ?   As it says in the README file the Red button is Custom 22.

Kory2468 Newbie

Hi Alan,

I've only found one of my remote's

Reelbox Remote

[url=http://slingbox.wikia.com/index.php?title=Skin.toc&image=T-Telefonica-jpg][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100807162909/slingbox/images/2/23/T.Telefonica.jpg[/img][/url]

The closest remote I can found for the Panasonic BS850 is when you choose the DMR-BW850 in the Slingplayer config.

It looks very familiar. Just some buttons missing, and the number pad is is not inside the remote, but next to it.

BS850.jpg

If you use the MISC button do you have the Custom Buttons showing ? As it says in the README file the Red button is Custom 22.

Isn't it possible to give the Custom buttons a name or better color?

My psychic abilities are worse than yours!

alanrichey42 Master
                                                      Reelbox Remote

[url=http://slingbox.wikia.com/index.php?title=Skin.toc&image=T-Telefonica-jpg][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100807162909/slingbox/images/2/23/T.Telefonica.jpg[/img][/url]

OK, that doesn't look as though it will work as the button functions do not match the functions available.  But you can give it a try, use the C1280 BIN files attached.

The closest remote I can found for the Panasonic BS850 is when you choose the DMR-BW850 in the Slingplayer config.

It looks very familiar. Just some buttons missing, and the number pad is is not inside the remote, but next to it.

I don't get that box as an option.  I'm using DVD, is that right ?   If you want that remote skin you are going to have to work for it :-)   PLEASE tell me you have a Windows PC (The MAC is next to useless for this sort of thing).   if so what OS ?

Isn't it possible to give the Custom buttons a name or better color

My psychic abilities are worse than yours!

You don't need to be psychic, you just just need to read the instructions properly   I quote:

"And to answer the obvious question, you can NOT rename the Custom menu options to their function, SlingMedia do not allow that."

Kory2468 Newbie

Sorry, thought I've written before that I am using a Windows 7 or XP.

You can find the Panasonic DMR-BW850 at the Cable Boxes!

C1280 works quite well. I would like to modify some buttons 'cause the funktion is different, or not configured in the C1280!

alanrichey42 Master
                                                              C1280 works quite well. I would like to modify some buttons 'cause the funktion is different, or not configured in the C1280!

You are asking me to be psychic again     What EXACTLY do you want to modify.

To find out if we can get a better skin, here is the procedure:

1.   Go to Windows Explorer

2.   View Hidden Files.   Organise > Folder and Search Options > View (TAB) > Show hidden files and folders

3.   Go to C:/Users/..your name../AppData/Roaming/Sling Media/WebSlingPlayer/

4.   Delete the WebSlingPlayer.txt file

5.   Install the Panasonic device on your Slingbox and use the standalone Slingplayer to confirm the correct skin is being displayed.

6.   Close down Slingplayer and run up the WebSlingPlayer in your browser.

7.   When the remote skin appears count to five and then shut down the player.

8.   Go back to Windows Explorer and post the new WebSlingPlayer.txt file here

Al

Kory2468 Newbie

Hi Alan,

did what you've written, but there is no new  WebSlingPlayer.txt beeing created.

Just to show you the differences between the remotes :

Panasonic Remote.jpgSling-BW850.jpg

DMR-BS850                                         DMR-BW850 (Sling)

Very importand on the originl remote are the buttons: RETURN, EXIT, OPTON, GUIDE, DIRECT NAVIGATOR, FUNCTION MENU, AUDIO

And of course THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!

Reel-Remote.jpgSling-Telefonica.jpg

REEL Avantgarde, NetClient, lite                   Telefonica (Sling)

Very importand on the originl remote are the buttons: SETUP, MENU, OK, EXIT, the <a/A Button, the COLORED Buttons and all the Buttons around the OK button and the button ?.

I try to give you as much infos as possible.

What can I do?

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                      did what you've written, but there is no new  WebSlingPlayer.txt beeing created.

Sorry, but if you ran http://watch.slingbox.com there MUST have been a log file created.

This remote 'skin' business is getting way too complex I'm afraid, I have almost comepletely lost track of where we are and what we are trying to do.  Let's do them one at a time:

So where are we with the Reelbox remote ?

And I assume that you have complete control over both boxes using the default remote 'skin' ?

Kory2468 Newbie

OK,

I've tried my best, but whatever I do, whatever I reconfigure, there is no new WebSlingPlayer.txt beeing created.

Never mind for now. I think I should deal with it and start to study chinese!

At the moment I have control over both boxes. But a lot of buttons/keys are missing on both remotes.

This makes handling a bit complicated.

Especially, when using Iphone or iPad.

I would love to help by creating new remotes, but it really takes about 5 hours to do one!!!!

I don't know why it is that slow.

I have a really fast internet connection and a GBit Network!

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                              I've tried my best, but whatever I do, whatever I reconfigure, there is no new WebSlingPlayer.txt beeing created.

Are you going to http://watch.slingbox.com and watching your slingbox until the Panasonic remote appears ?   That MUST produce a log file.

At the moment I have control over both boxes. But a lot of buttons/keys are missing on both remotes.

This makes handling a bit complicated.

Especially, when using Iphone or iPad.

I do wish you were more specific and give me a clue as to what you want.  You keep speaking in generalties and I can't so anything to help you.  VERY frustrating.   Let me try and force you into giving me the information I need

Taking the Reelbox remote, using the default remote skin, tell me EXACTLY which of the buttons do not work and EXACTLY which functions are missing..

Kory2468 Newbie

Good evening "Nostradamus"!

Here is more information.

I've modified my Pics, so that you night see which missing buttons I mean.

Panasonic Missing.jpg

Reel-Missing.jpg

It was impossible to generate a new WebSlingPlayer.txt, so I had to "install" it on a different PC.

alanrichey42 Master

Wow, you do believe in making life complicated don't you.  I just don't understand what you are trying to say.

Let me try and lead you:

1.  Panasonic DMR-BS850 - Found the code for the remote skin but as you know it is all in Japanese so is of no use.   So you are stuck with the default skin using the V2010 code or the C1280 skin.   Your only alternative is to design your own:  https://community.sling.com/thread/8533?tstart=0

2.  Reelbox remote.  Please load the C2011 code so we can get that part figured out first.  Now test the buttons.  Don't try and do anything clever like photographing it, just list them like this:

Number buttons:              Work OK

Ch+/-                              Don't work

Page+/-                          Don't work they carry out the ...... function instead.

....

Now that I WILL be able to understand

Kory2468 Newbie

HI Alan, I really don't want to make your life miserable!

I was just posting the pictures to show you the buttons that are NOT configured.

Everything else is configured and working properly.

Exept the chinese!

So it is quite simple, isn't it?

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                              I was just posting the pictures to show you the buttons that are NOT configured.

Everything else is configured and working properly.

So it is quite simple, isn't it?

Afraid not.  The pictures are diffiuclt to see and without your knowledge of the remotes themselves it is not easy to decide what button does what.  Please just do as I asked and use the default remote and list the buttons behaviour.

Kory2468 Newbie

OK, will do this in the next 2 days.

How do I "name" the buttons?

I'll only tell you the buttons that are missing, 'cause a lot of them do already. (at least with the Desktop and WebPlayer)

How about translating the DMR-BW850 Remote from chinese to english?

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                                      OK, will do this in the next 2 days.

How do I "name" the buttons?

Aren't they obvious ?.   In the default remote you have the numbers, the transport buttons (Play/Pause/Stop/FFwd/Reverse/Next Track/Prev Track/Record)  the Exit/Menu/Guide/Info buttons, the navigation buttons (Up/Down/Left/Right/Select) the Channel +/- and Page +/- buttons, the Colour buttons and then Last/Enter buttons.

How about translating the DMR-BW850 Remote from chinese to english?

That is just an image JPG file, but you are welcome to try.  As I keep saying your best bet is design your own (https://community.sling.com/thread/8533?tstart=0)

Kory2468 Newbie

I would love to design my own remote,

but using the remote learning website, it takes me more than 4hours to do so!!!

It is very very slow from germany!

alanrichey42 Master

Do you never read anything I write ?.   Read my remark again.  WHERE do I mention the slingbox remote site ?   Did you even follow the link I provided ?

Kory2468 Newbie

Hi Alan,

I really DO read your posts.

But let's start from the middle. (Beginning would be to much )

I want to connect the Panasonic device and the Reelbox to my Slingbox Pro HD.

I weant the Desktop and WebPlayer remotes to look like the real ones, 'cause my wife,

brother and my Mom want to use it too.

That's why I am "talking" about this buttons.

If you need the buttons according to the (new) basic remote, than I'll post them.

Is this what you are talking about?

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                                                      If you need the buttons according to the (new) basic remote, than I'll post them.

Is this what you are talking about?

Yes.  If you read https://community.sling.com/thread/11172?tstart=0 you will see there are 2 stages and I want to sort out Phase 1 before we get onto the 'skin' in Phase 2.   The only way to do that is by using the default remote skin.  You don't need to reinstall, just go to Connect > Remote Keys in Slingplayer and select the basic remote.   Then test each button and tell me if they work.

Kory2468 Newbie

OK,

how do I switch to the  default remote skin?

The remotes I see in Desktop- and WebPlayer are the ones from Telefonica and the BW850 now!

alanrichey42 Master

You could read what I actually posted   I quote:

"... just go to Connect > Remote Keys in Slingplayer and select the basic remote."

So STOP using the web player and stick with the standalone SlingPlayer.   The web player is utterly useless for this sort of thing.   Sling have removed all custom functionality from it.

Image1.jpg

Kory2468 Newbie

OK,

let's try again.

Did the change to basic remote.

Here are the results of the WebPlayer:

Panasonic DMR-BS850

Not working Buttons

GUIDE        = EPG
                                                                                                                                  Info             = Info

Missing Buttons

Direct navigator        = Very importand to watch recordings
                                                                                                                                  Option  
                                                                                                                                  Return                     = Very Importand to exit from many screens

All Color Buttons

All other buttons are working

REELBox

Not working Buttons

LAST   = Change Language or Aspected Ratio
                                                                                                                                  Return (right of 0) = Subtitles

Missing Buttons

Setup    = Importand to Chnage Settings
                                                                                                                                  Timer   = to check the Timer

All other buttons are working

alanrichey42 Master

Now that I CAN understand

Let's concentrate on the Panasonic one first:

Not working Buttons

GUIDE        = EPG
                                                                                                                                      Info             = Info

Missing Buttons

Direct navigator        = Very importand to watch recordings
                                                                                                                                      Option  
                                                                                                                                      Return                     = Very Importand to exit from many screens

All Color Buttons

OK.   Here is a new set of BIN files that does the following:

1.  Adds the colour buttons

2.  Puts Direct Navigator on the White button

3.  Changes the code for the Info button to 'Display'

4.  Changes the code on the Guide button to 'Prog/Check'

5.  Puts the Return function onto the Last Channel button

6.  The Option has always been on the Menu button.

I have also added various codes to the 15 Custom Buttons (You MUST use the standalone Slingplayer to see these, do NOT use the web version, it is uselss for this sort of thing.  Use the menu button on the remote or the Connect > Remote keys menu option).

So please test all those on the default remote and tell me how it affects your list, and if any of the Custom buttons do anything important and whether you need them included.

alanrichey42 Master

And now the Reelbox  (and PLEASE keep your replies seperate to avoid confusion)

Not working Buttons

LAST   = Change Language or Aspected Ratio
                                                                                                                                        Return (right of 0) = Subtitles

Missing Buttons

Setup    = Importand to Chnage Settings
                                                                                                                                        Timer   = to check the Timer

My first thought is that your didn't do as I asked and use the default remote, as I never mapped anything to the LAST and Return buttons, so that is confusing.

Anyway, here are some new BIN files that add the Timer function to the White button and Custom 10 and the Setup function to Custom 11.

Again I have added codes to Custom 12-14

So again, making sure you use the default remote, where do we stand on your list and what happens with the Custom buttons.

Kory2468 Newbie

OK,

first Check.

PANASONIC

The White button is the "Direct navigator" function, not the timer.

What is custom 11 on the default basic remote?

"Return" is still missing. Would be great on the button on the right of "0"

"Change language" and "Aspected ratio" (Which is the same button and importand!) are still missing.

"Guide" is working now.

Function on the "INFO" button at the moment = DISPLAY, not Info

Function on the "MENU" button at the moment = Option, not MENU

"left" no function

"right" no function

I hope you understand what I mean.

I do!

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                                                                                PANASONIC

The White button is the "Direct navigator" function, not the timer.

That is what I said in my post.  I never mentioned the timer, as it was the Direct Navigator function you asked for.   No matter, though as it proves the code.

What is custom 11 on the default basic remote?

I was hoping it was the Timer.   No ?   I did ask you to go through all the Custom buttons and confirm their effect and whether they were important ?  I guess you missed that.

"Return" is still missing. Would be great on the button on the right of "0"

I put the code I have for 'Return' on the Last_Channel button (Left of the "0")  does it not work then ?

The button on the right of the "0" is normally for "Enter".  But at the moment button placement is irrelvant, I need to identify the codes first.

"Change language" and "Aspected ratio" (Which is the same button and importand!) are still missing.

OK, you didn't mention they were important. you said that originally the LAST button (Left of the "0") did that function before ?  Was that correct ?  If so that is confusing as that button was not mapped.

"Guide" is working now.

Function on the "INFO" button at the moment = DISPLAY, not Info

Function on the "MENU" button at the moment = Option, not MENU

All as expected.   But I don't have a MENU or INFO function so we are going to have to work on that.

"left" no function

"right" no function

Well I never touched them so I din't understand that.  I assume they were working before ?

So next step for you:

1.   Confirm that the 'last' button (left of "0") is not working as 'Return'.

2.   Confirm the colour buttons are working (you didn't mention them)

3.   Go through all 15 Custom buttons and tell me what they do and whether you want that function.

3.   Reload the Panasonic DMR-EX78EB Custom Remote and confirm:

a.   left/right work

b.   What the 'last' button does.  And tell me which button you are refering to as 'last'

c.   Whether any of the buttons trigger 'Info' or 'Menu' function.

OK ?

Al

Kory2468 Newbie

PANASONIC

Custom 10 = Info

Custom 11 = no function

Custom 12 = no function

Custom 13 = no function

Custom 14 = ???

Custom 15 = no function

Custom 16 = ???

Custom 17 = no function

Custom 18 = Drive Select

Custom 19 = Ext Link

Custom 20 = FUNCTION MENU

Custom 21 = no function

Custom 27 = no function

Custom 28 = Input Select

Custom 29 = ???

The return button would be nicer on the button on the right of the "0".

Better than "LAST".

Kory2468 Newbie

REELBOX

Custom 10 = Timer

Custom 11 = Setup

Custom 12 = Subtitle

Custom 13 = Videotext

Custom 14 = Audio

"Audio" would be nice on the "Last" Button. (Is it possible to rename it)

"Subtilte" would be nice on the Button on the right to "0". Than it is like on the original remote.

alanrichey42 Master

Kory2468 wrote:

REELBOX

Custom 10 = Timer

Custom 11 = Setup

Custom 12 = Subtitle

Custom 13 = Videotext

Custom 14 = Audio

"Audio" would be nice on the "Last" Button. (Is it possible to rename it)

"Subtilte" would be nice on the Button on the right to "0". Than it is like on the original remote.

Look I am one step away from dropping this and walking away.   Again you just haven't read what I asked for and provided it.   I cannot keep going on like this.   Please read my messages PROPERLY and provide what I ask for otherwise I will have to give up on you.

Kory2468 Newbie

Hi Alan, I don't know why you are so upset!?

I am giving you all information I have!

I've written, that all buttons are working fine except the one's I am mentioning.

OK, this is getting to  confused.

Forget the Reelbox for now.

Let's work on the Panasonic DMR-BS850 ONLY.

I am flighing to Canada on Wednesday and I have a small daughter, so  I only have little time until I am back.

I'll try again tomorrow evening (german time) to give you a feedback about EVERY button

on the original SlingBox Basic remote, inkl. the menu!

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                                                                                                                  Hi Alan, I don't know why you are so upset!?

I am giving you all information I have!

I've written, that all buttons are working fine except the one's I am mentioning.

But my post said:

================================================

So next step for you:

1.   Confirm that the 'last' button (left of "0") is not working as 'Return'.

2.   Confirm the colour buttons are working (you didn't mention them)

3.   Go through all 15 Custom buttons and tell me what they do and whether you want that function.

4.   Reload the Panasonic DMR-EX78EB Custom Remote and confirm:

a.   left/right work

b.   What the 'last' button does.  And tell me which button you are referring to as 'last'

c.   Whether any of the buttons trigger 'Info' or 'Menu' function.

================================================

And all you did was send back the answer to Q3 and you ignored the others.  VERY frustrating and of no help to me at all.