3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2011 10:45 PM by kkkkky RSS

Deleted slingbox ID accidentally

kkkkky

I have deleted the slingbox I originally set up in my slingbox directory. Now I am trying to add a new slingbox and it is asking for a slingbox ID. I don't have my original slingbox ID since I deleted it. I looked at all of the other discussions and the links don't tell you how to get a slingbox ID if you deleted your original slingbox. How do I get my slingbox ID since it is now gone and is not in my directory anymore. 

• Re: Deleted slingbox ID accidentally
          dbsguy Apprentice

You have to be on a networked computer from within your slingbox hosting network in order to find the slignbxo id of the box. There are a couple of different ways to pull it up; however I suggest the following.

Install the desktop slingplayer app for your OS (windows or mac). In this senario I'll be using the slingbox for windows version). Once installed, run the slingplayer desktop application and it should find and install your new slingbox providing the sling id for you. howeever, you can also check it by clicking the following from within the slingplayer desktop app at any time: help/about your slingbox/preferances/slignbox id.........

• Re: Deleted slingbox ID accidentally
              kkkkky

Thanks for the response but the reason I poseted this is because now I can't connect to my slingbox. I either need the slingbox ID or my internet ip address and port. I have tried to connect with my ip address and port number but that is not working either. I think I have my ip address and I've tried port number 5001 (along with others) but it won't connect and I'm out of ideas.

The reason this all got screwed up in the first place is I changed routers so my connection stopped working. Then I accidentally deleted my saved slingbox so I have to start from scratch. I actually had it up and running at one point but now it won't connect.

Any help would be appreciated.