3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2011 9:14 AM by ranaleon RSS

Why did my box "lose" my internet viewing set-up??

mdhaus

I don't understand - Several weeks ago, I successfully set-up my Slingbox SOLO for internet viewing to maximize my experience with the iPad player.  I did the process and I know for a fact that it was successful, because I got the confirmation screen saying so...and it was also reflected in my status!

But now tonight, without any warning, that status has now changed.  I logged on with my iPad and I got a message saying "You may get better performance if you set-up your Slingbox for internet viewing."  I logged on to this site and checked the status and sure enough.....it now has a "warning" listed, saying that it isn't set-up for internet viewing.

Then on the summary to the right of that, it says "Yes" for internet viewing set-up.....which makes it sound like it was actually completed.

Why did the Slingbox lose the set-up???

• Re: Why did my box "lose" my internet viewing set-up??
          Apprentice

Hi, mdhaus

I understand that you are having some issues with your Slingbox SOLO. Although you were able to finish the Setup Assistant, you lose the connection.

This happens if you run the Automatic Configuration when setting up the Slingbox. We recommend you to rerun the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing and choose Manual Setup. Make sure to use the TCP protocol when creating the rule on your router. Then, finish the Internet Viewing process. Follow these recommendations and let us know how it works for you!

Regards

• Re: Why did my box "lose" my internet viewing set-up??
              mdhaus

I don't think you are understanding what I am trying to say:

I DID run the complete manual set-up...and it gave me a confirmation that it had been successful. 

Everything was then fine for several weeks. But now, I get error messages and it is saying that Internet Viewing is not set-up anymore.

What I am asking is WHY it has suddenly lost those settings??  Why was it set-up correctly before and all of a sudden, it has lost those settings?

Thanks.