5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2013 1:43 PM by vranzvanmaaren RSS

Cisco 8485 (ZIGGO)?

willemdirven

Hi,

My parents just got a Cisco 8485 tv tuner/recorder through Ziggo (The Netherlands).

I installed the Slingbox PRO-HD, but unfortunately there are no codes available for this recorder.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Willem

• Re: Cisco 8485 (ZIGGO)?
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

willemdirven

Hi, I did find the codes associated with this product type.

The problem is that i don't know how to install it.

the manual with the IR codes file has a detailed list of steps, but i think they only work for users who have a player installed.

I don't so i'm watching through the browser.

As a result, i don't know where to save this file.

--------------------------------------------

This ZIP file contains 2 BIN files.

V2010_PL.bin    for USA (NTSC) Slingboxes
              V2010_RV.bin    for non-US (PAL) Slingboxes

Put the right file into your C:\Program Files\Sling Media\Slingplayer\SBAV\ folder (For the Mac it is /Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/SBAV/).

If you are not sure which Slingbox you have then put both files in.

Now go into the Slingbox and run the Audio/Visual setup again using DVR as the device type.

This time use 'Other' as the brand and in the next screen use scroll to the bottom of the Code numbers, select 'Custom' and then type V2010 (NOT v2010, the code is case-sensitive) in the newly appeared Custom Code window.  Then complete the setup as normal (In Slingplayer 1.5, you do not need to scroll down the codes, simply type V2010 in the Alternative Code window).

----------------------------------------

I just don't know where to install these codes.

Thanks,
              Willem

donjacomo

you can use the remote from the older cisco ziggo 8455 this works fine

ik heb hier ook de cisco 8485 en heb de afstandsbediening van de cisco dvb 8455 bij de installatie

uit de slingshot database gekozen, deze werkt prima voor de 8485 en heeft exactt dezelfde knoppen.

succes ! groet jack culemborg

vranzvanmaaren

Wauw! Wat fijn, dit antwoord, Jack, ookal schreef je dit al effies geleden.

Na minstens zes uur prutsen, heb ik de boel door dit antwoord an de praat gekregen.

Vervelend, dat ie als Ziggo DVR8455 in de lijst stond, en niet als Cisco 8485 of Cisco 8455. Ik zocht op Cisco. Niet op Ziggo.