I see you having issues staying connected to your network when trying to use your WiFi. This has to do with the router. If the router port needed for a Slingbox to stay connected is closed this will happen. I will send you a link that will guide you in checking if this specific port is opened on your router.
Click on the following link, this is a website where you can check ports using your IP address.
Once you go to this website;
- CLICK ON PORT FORWARDING TESTER
- YOU WILL SEE WHERE IS SAYS 'USE CURRENT IP ' CLICK ON THAT.
- WHERE YOU SEE PORT NUMBER MAKE SURE TO TYPE IN 5301
- CLICK CHECK
- IF IT SAYS THE PORT IS CLOSED YOU CAN CONTACT YOUR INTERNET PROVIDER AND/OR ROUTER MANUFACTURER TO OPEN PORT.
- ONLY WHEN YOU CONNECT USING AN ETHERNET CABLE WILL YOU BYPASS THIS ISSUE DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT IS A DIRECT CONNECTION.
Sling Media Support