3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2011 6:20 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

New Zealand Sky TV TDS850NNZ Remote Incompatible With Slingbox?

kiwisling

Brought my sling HD Pro from the states to NZ, and hooked it up to my Pace HDS850NNZ MySkyHDi receiver. Got the audio/video working with no problems, but haven't been successful getting the remote working. Here's what I tried so far.

Verified IR blaster is working using digital camera

Tried the Alan Richey V2010 files.

Tried programming sling box directly.

Scoured the internet for a solution.

Haven been unable to get the receiver to blink to even indicate a signal was received.

Anybody successfuly getting this to work?  I'm starting to wonder if the remote control is outside of the frequency range of the IR Blaster.

Thanks.

• Re: New Zealand Sky TV TDS850NNZ Remote Incompatible With Slingbox?
          alanrichey42 Master

Can you post the myRemote.lrz file you get when you use the Export Remote feature at http://remotes.slingbox.com ?  I can look at the codes in there and check them against the normal TDS850 ones.

As you have tested the IR Blasters are actually firing  (I assume you get a healthy white flash and not a red one?) , are you REALLY sure you have them positioned correctly.  I see my TDS850 remote has been downloaded by 204 other people and no-one else is reporting a problem.

Cheers

Al

montyplease

Hi Allen,

Unfortunately, the slingbox is unable to capture any of the codes i enter using the remote. Thats why i suspect the frequency of the remote is outside of the supported range of the slingbox.

Just had a thought tho, could it be possible that since I am using a power transformer(240v -> 120v input) on my USA power supply, the 120v sine frequency waves or whatever are throwing the ir blaster out of wack?

Thanks.

alanrichey42 Master
                  Unfortunately, the slingbox is unable to capture any of the codes i enter using the remote. Thats why i suspect the frequency of the remote is outside of the supported range of the slingbox.

No, not possible.   Lots of people have that problem, and it is normally all to do with the distance you hold the remote from the Slingbox (assuming you are pointing it at the correct point as shown on the on-screen instructions).  I have one remote that actually needs to be touching the Slingbox and another I have to hold a couple of inches away.   Keep experimenting.

Just had a thought tho, could it be possible that since I am using a power transformer(240v -> 120v input) on my USA power supply, the 120v sine frequency waves or whatever are throwing the ir blaster out of wack?

Nope, totally irrelvant.