4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 6:22 AM by Ojib RSS

HDCP-020 message

ihor

Just hooked up a new High Def TV yesterday  - works aok - and using a HDMI connection to the TV from the Cable Box. I am still using the S-Video connection from the cable box to go into the Slingbox - same as before.

Getting:

The set-top's HDMI port requires an HDCP-compatible TV input. Please switch to a compatible TV input or do not use the set-top's HDMI port. If your TV's input supports HDCP, the HDMI cable may be at fault.

• Re: HDCP-020 message
          Apprentice

Hi, ihor

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO and the HDMI cable connection.

The main issue is that the Slingbox (any model) is not compatible with the HDMI cable, due to the copy-protection built in to their hardware. The following link will provide you with further information about this situation.

I get no video with any SlingPlayer (PC, Mac, or on Sling.com)

Regards

LNJTruckingInc

hi, please help out if you can... we have the blue screen of death and are having the same message as you. what did you do to correct the problem?

Apprentice

Hi LNJTruckingInc,

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox since it shows the "HDTV does not support HDCP" error message.

This error message is not related to your Slingbox but your set top box (cable box, DVR or satellite receiver). It means that your cable service provider has applied an update that enabled the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). I encourage you to check the following thread and check the included links:

Your HDTV does not support HDCP?????

Hope this helps!

Regards.

Ojib

Go Here and purchase this from AMAZON

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UYOEMI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

IHave TW Cable and I use their SA Explorer 8300 HDC.After hooking this Splitter  up it works. I have been using it now for 2 weeks and no problems at all. I have HDMI hookups with out any of the HDCP problems.This is a 2 port out splitter,1 HDMI line goes to the in port from the Cablebox,and on the out ports (2 ports)1 line goes to TV and the other line goes to the sling box.And don't forget to switch over to HDMI connection in your SlingBox settingsThis is pertaining to the SlingBox 500 For $18.00 its a great deal.....