5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2011 3:45 AM by Bryanod RSS

No One Has Answered MY Past Questions,so...

jwilson03 Newbie

I don't have any hope in resolving this one. But here it is, anyhow. I have no trouble getting cable programs using Slingbox for my PC. But when I run an HDMI cable to my TV, there is solund from the TV, but no sound from my PC, even though the speakers on my PC are working perfectly and emanating sound. I just can't hear it, unless I disconnect the cable from my PC. A friend sent me this suggestion(which I don't know how to implement):

The tech guy from a company which experienced the same problem switched ports to 8080.. ( normally they use port 80, I think ), but call the Slingbox support team and they will tell you how to do this.  Many cable companies in the U.S. will block port 80 and port 25 to get rid of spam. Is there a way to call Slingbox and NOT pay a $40/hour fee for technical support?

• Re: No One Has Answered MY Past Questions,so...
          Apprentice

Hi jwilson03,

If you want to change the port number on the Slingbox, you just need to run manually the Internet Viewing setup but before you need to create the rule on the router, you can use the Network Assistant to change that, have a look at this link,

How to use the Slingbox Network Setup Assistant to help configure your router

Hope this helps

Regards

alanrichey42 Master

Have to say I have no idea why changing the port number could help.  I take it you are experiencing this problem when watching the Slingbox locally, and not just remotely ?

I don't have any hope in resolving this one. But here it is, anyhow. I have no trouble getting cable programs using Slingbox for my PC. But when I run an HDMI cable to my TV, there is solund from the TV, but no sound from my PC, even though the speakers on my PC are working perfectly and emanating sound.

Do you still get Video on the Slingbox ?

working perfectly and emanating sound. I just can't hear it, unless I disconnect the cable from my PC.

That doesn't make sense.  Did you mean "..disconnect the cable from my TV.." ?

If you lose video and audio when you plug the HDMI cable in the TV that is standard procedure for most AV devices (See HDCP on Wikepedia).  But I have never heard of anyone losing just the audio.   What cabling are you using to connect the cable box to the Slingbox ?

jwilson03 Newbie

I don't lose  my audio, it just switches from my PC to my TV when I plug it in. When I disconnect the cable, it returns to my PC. But I have a much greater problem with SlingBox:

I bought a notebook PC with an HD port, just to enable my generally good SlingBox programs to be transmitted via an HDMI cable to my large screen TV. To my shock, the transmission was at first erratic, inconsistent, and now won't work at all, unless I unplug the cable, at which point I get the same small-screen(or full-screen picture with significant loss of resolution) picture on my PC I got before spending money on a new notebook and new full-screen TV! Is there any way I can get a pass-thru SlingBox picture to my TV?