I was extremely frustrated as well as the app used to work correctly. Finally decided to ignore everything I was reading and got it working.
You won't get the iPhone/iPad working unless you finish the setup on your PC/Mac. I have a Mac, so I'll walk through the settings.
- Click "Slingbox Setup" under the "Watch" Tab
- Click "Get Started"
- Click on your slingbox device (in my case my name - your's will probably be your name)
- Click Set Up Internet Viewing
- There's a message that you have to go through these steps to view it on your iPhone/iPad (Thanks Slingbox for burrying this here!)
- Click "Next"
- From here you are somewhat on your own - hopefully your router will be listed and you can just select that - in my case it wasn't - I have / Verizon which isn't in the list, but their manufacturer is "ActionTec" - I selected that and hit "Test".
- That's it - iphone and ipad 2 now work.
* Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. *