3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2011 8:12 PM by lejunc RSS

vs. ViP® 922 SlingLoaded™ DVR

dennisw1mac

I am a Dish customer with a ViP722DVR and wish to add slingbox capability. I have looked for but can't seem to find good information so that I may compare the option of adding the PRO-HD or rather upgrading the DVR to the ViP® 922 SlingLoaded™ DVR. Can someone offer any info that would sway me to one way or the other? Are there exclusive features or benefits to going one way or the other? Thanks.

• Re: vs. ViP® 922 SlingLoaded™ DVR
          dennisw1mac

Really? No one? Not even sling techs? Sheesh!

chakkarinen Apprentice

Well, I am not a Dish customer, but I do have two Slingbox Pro HD models, connected to Tivos at my two residences. I like the flexibility of having my DVR devices separate from my Sling devices, so that I can move them around or replace one device or the other, if necessary in the future.   I have read a few online reviews of this new VIP device, and this new device seems quite powerful in its ability to combine the functions of DVR and Sling, and to add an esssentially unlimited amount of external drive space to its DVR storage functions.   So, if you plan to stay with Dish for all time, or at least for the lifetime of the device, then this looks like a good deal.

lejunc

I definitely wabted my Sling separate from my DISH 722. DISH has had to replace the 722 too many times as is..going for as simple as I can get