I understand that you are having some issues in order to configure your Slingbox with a Netgear WNDR3400 router.
The following third-party list will provide you with the steps to follow in order to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing.
I am having a similar problem with my Netgear WNDR4000 Wireless N router. Strangely, my Slingbox Pro was working just fine this past weekend. I made no changes to the router's configuration at all, either. Today it suddenly stopped working. I made some configuration changes (ports, etc.) today in an attempt to get it working again, but that didn't work. I'm stuck.
I am having the same issue. Wife and I live in Italy and have been using SB since March. It was working flawlessly until my wife bought and installed SlingMobile for iPad2. It might be a coincidence but we never had any issues until that install.
Anyway, 2 weeks ago and then again last week we had a family member do the reseting at the house for us and talked them through it over the phone. My wife is back in the states now and we just finished a 2 hour session trying to get the SB working again to no avail.
As someone else mentioned here its odd but we never had an issue with IPs or Port Forwarding before it just worked. Nothing has changed in our home network since we left to live overseas. The only change has been the addition of the Slinkplayer for Mobile iPad app.
So tonight we tried everything as the instructions stated:
- made sure that the IP address was reserved on the WNDR3400
- made sure that port 5001 (TCP&UDP) were fowarded as instructed
- Held the reset button in as directed for factory - got the prescribed lights
- Logged into our SB account from a computer using hardwired ethernet (not wireless - WiFi)
- Clicked the Setup your SlingBox link
- The SB could not be found - retried twice
- Slingbox Directory found it (maybe) after using the "admin" password
- Set up inputs seemingly with no problem
- Tried to setup internet viewing - to see if it would work - it didn't - but we had done the port forwarding manually anyway
- Was able to watch TV on SB on home net
- I could not view TV form here in Italy - It said there was an error connecting to my SB - retried several times
- After that TV stopped working even on Home net.
- We tried SB Setup all over again - ho help
We are out of ideas and will likely have to cough up for a service call to get any help from SB.
sigh - I thought this was a good product - It was for a while - nothing this expensive should be this complex and sensitive.
SB should really get on the ball here.