2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2011 2:03 PM by ABarrows09 RSS

Trouble Configuring Inputs

ABarrows09

Hey I finally took the time to figure out the port forwarding with my slingbox-pro to acess tv from the website.  But, I'm having trouble coming up with a remote...whenever I try to configure my input (Composite) it won't let me choose a manufacturer for a cable box or any of the other options.  It is a Comcast Motorolla box (one of the older ones..the with a gold-yellowish display..I don't have direct access to the box right now, so I don't know the exact model #)

Basically it ends there because I have no choices to pick from and as a result no remote....any suggestions?  Thank you in advance!

Aaron

• Re: Trouble Configuring Inputs
          Apprentice

Hi, ABarrows09

I understand that you are having some issues with your Slingbox, since you are not able to get the right remote control for your set top box.

Since you have not included the information about the specific model for the Motorola set top box, I recommend you to check this link when at the Slingbox location in order to know if this model number included on the supported devices list.

Finding your video source

Regards

• Re: Trouble Configuring Inputs
              ABarrows09

The video source tool did not find the model Motorola DCT 2224, but I did find a support article regarding the DCT series and how it has caused a lot of problems.  http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000291.html

The article reccomends two solutions:

1.  Connect the Slingbox using the component outputs.

OR

2.  "Make the necessary adjustment: go into the Motorola set-top box's on-screen menu and change the YPbPr output to 480i. (Note: Doing this will affect the way video is output to TVs or other connected devices.)"

I have looked around at the Motorola guides, but I have absolutely no idea how to do the second option.  The box isn't connected to a HDTV, so I'm assuming changing to 480i won't be a problem?

If anyone knows how to do this please let me know, I'd love to be able to finally have a remote while viewing my slingbox.

Thanks