1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 2, 2011 8:54 AM by dbsguy RSS

Cable TV not working after disconnecting Slingbox

rgopalak

I disconnected my sling box as I plan to use elsewhere- currently there is HDMI from set topbox to sling box and HDMI from sling box to TV. I connected the HDMI from set top box to TV directly, which was the setting earlier. For some reason, it doesn't seem to work now. Did adding the sling box cause any issues?

Thanks

• Re: Cable TV not working after disconnecting Slingbox
          dbsguy Apprentice

It's definately an incorrect wiring issue.

1. The slingbox does NOT have a HDMI connection as you indicated. If you have the older slingbox pro unit, you have a connection on the back that is for a "HD Connect" cable which adds a component video input/passthru.

At any rate; if you disconnected the slingbox, this is how it should be wired:

1. Incomming cable line fom the wall to the coaxial input connection on the cable box.
          2. Run an HDMI cable from the hdmi output on the back of the cable box to the HDMI input on the back of the TV.
          3. Put your TV on the correct input to match the HDMI connection you just made by pressing input on the TV remote to switch to that input.