18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2011 8:16 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Delete function on cable box

OzViewer Newbie

I am wondering if anyone has managed to get the delete button working on the Slingplayer remote for a cable box that records.

I use a Foxtel IQ in Australia which can record programmes to the built in hard disk drive.

I can successfully record, timer record through the programme guide etc but I can't delete programmes from the Planner.

I am using the basic remote and the custom remote supplied by Alan Richey.

On the physcial Foxtel IQ remote the yellow button is the delete button, but I haven't been able to get the coloured buttons to work.

I thought maybe if the DEL button on the custom remote or a Custom key on the standard remote was enabled that would solve my problem.

Any help would be appreciated before my cable box fills up.

• Re: Delete function on cable box
          alanrichey42 Master

That seems odd, as when I check the remote, the codes I use for the colour buttons are:

Red         110

Green      111

Yellow     112

Blue        113

So that seems very logical and the Yellow button should work.     Does it work in other circumstances apart from Delete ?

OzViewer Newbie

No, none of the colour buttons have ever worked with either remote.

alanrichey42 Master

Ah, OK, so actually your problem has nothing to do with the Delete function, your problem is that the Colour buttons are not sending the right codes.  But everything I have checked indicates that those codes are correct.

Have you tried this Custom Remote instead ?   http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6798

OzViewer Newbie

Well I tried installing that remote as per the instructions and not only didn't most functions work, I couldn't get my previous custom remote to work again. You had sent me that for the Panasonic 850 Blue Ray Recorder and I also successfully used that for the Foxtel IQ as well. It worked fine except for the colour buttons.

I managed to screw up that same remote for the Panasonic as well, so now on that machine all the functions do things other than what they are supposed to do.

I tried reinstalling that V2010 bin file again on the Panasonic but all the functions are mixed up.

Do I need to reinstall Slingplayer or is there a better suggestion to go back to what I had? I don't understand why reinstalling the V2010 file doesn't work.

OzViewer Newbie

I went back in and reset the Panasonic and went through the custom settings again for V2010 bin file.

What is happening now is some custom remote buttons work buttons work but they have been mixed up.  For example the DEL button controls the Input, the copy button brings up the Function Menu, etc. In other words the custom buttons are all screwed for some reason.

I modified your custom skin.xml, of which i sent you a copy in September last year.

I have zipped up the custom remotes folder if you want to check the xml files as well as the bin file.
                        All was working fine until I reinstalled that bin file.

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, I can't possibly figure out what is wrong just from those.

Basically, I think you are trying to do too much in one go.   You need to go right back to basics, remove all the custom skins and redo all the video inputs from square one.  Might also be worth resetting the Slingbox as well to make sure everything is cleaned out.

I ask again, tell me what the devices are and I will produce BIN files for you that do not clash with each other.

Al

OzViewer Newbie

I did answer in a direct email, maybe you didn't get it.

Panasonic 850 Blue Ray Recorder and Foxtel IQ.

I am away from base so i can only reset remotely.

I tried resettting through setup.

I did try starting from square one with that bin file.

I have only that bin file in the directory and i reinstalled it into both devices with the ame result.

OzViewer Newbie

Ok, I managed to get someone to reset the physical Slingbox.

I have done nothing since,

I await your learned instructions.

Should I uninstall Slingplayer and reinstall or just  wait for your new Bin file?

I am poised here ready to act.

alanrichey42 Master

I am poised here ready to act.

Sorry for the delayed reaction, I am on holiday at the moment and have spent all day on the road/flight.   Attached are 2 new Foxtel IQ BIN files recompiled to V2011.

I can;t find any source for the Panasonic, so please post the 2010 file here and I will reverse engineer it and recompile as 2012.

Cheers

Al

OzViewer Newbie

I posted the Panasonic bin file 3 replies ago along with the custom skin I created separately, two attachments.

If I install your new Foxtel bin, do i install that for the panasonic device also.

i don't quite understand how it works when you have two devices to operate. Does it configure both devices from the one bin file?

OzViewer Newbie

After having the Slingbox reset I find I can't connect to the Slingbox remotely.

I now assume it has to setup again from the same network that it is connected to, i.e. at home.

Is that correct? I shouldn't have had it reset  when I am overseas.

The hole is getting deeper. I will now attempt to get someone there to set it up.

OzViewer Newbie

UPDATE

Hi Al,

Here is the latest update.

My son setup the slingbox from my home with the panasonic v2010 bin file you gave me last year.

He configured the Panasonic and the Foxtel IQ with the V2010 file which I had previously done.

The panasonic is working fine now and the Foxtel device displays ok but none of the remote control functions seem to work.

I can't even change channels.

(I am using the custom skin, I undertsand that is only a display skin).

Before I screwed everything up trying to install your foxtel remote everything was working fine on both devices except for the colour buttons.

All other functions worked on the foxtel except for the colour buttons.

What i don't understand is if that bin file was configured for the panasonic, how did it work fine (except for coloured buttons) wiht the foxtel?

I have downloaded the new foxtel bin file you gave me but I am scared if I install that it will muck up the remote for the panasonic, or should that not happen.

From what I am starting to understand about how the system works when you configure the device it saves back to the slingbox and you don't actually reference the bin file after that. Is that correct?

If that is correct, how come the panasonic bin file configured the foxtel device to work?

So my ultimate question is, if i use your new foxtel iq bin do i just configure the foxtel with that and dont reconfigure the panasonic one?

I never understood that part of it, that's obviously why I screwed things.

alanrichey42 Master
                                                  What i don't understand is if that bin file was configured for the panasonic, how did it work fine (except for coloured buttons) wiht the foxtel?

While you are using 2 x '2010' BIN files I cannot comment as all I know is that this confuses the **** out of the Slingbox and anything might be happening.  I can only guess that when you tried to install the '2010' Panasonic, the Slingbox thought it already had a '2010' so just left the Foxtel one alone.

I have downloaded the new foxtel bin file you gave me but I am scared if I install that it will muck up the remote for the panasonic, or should that not happen.

It should be fine as it doesn't use '2010' it uses '2011' so the Slingbox can differentiate between the two.

From what I am starting to understand about how the system works when you configure the device it saves back to the slingbox and you don't actually reference the bin file after that. Is that correct?

True, the BIN file can be removed from your PC after you have run the installation.

If that is correct, how come the panasonic bin file configured the foxtel device to work?

See above answer.

So my ultimate question is, if i use your new foxtel iq bin do i just configure the foxtel with that and dont reconfigure the panasonic one?

I never understood that part of it, that's obviously why I screwed things.

Absolutely.   Use the 2011 on the Foxtel input and leave the Panasonic one to use the 2010 code you already have working.

Al

OzViewer Newbie

I only ever used one 2010 file until i got that recent one for foxtel from you.

Ok, I will install the new foxtel one.

When i say the Panasonic worked fine it's with the exception of the coloured buttons which never worked but you gave up on that one.

alanrichey42 Master

When i say the Panasonic worked fine it's with the exception of the coloured buttons which never worked but you gave up on that one.

We can 'carefully' work on that once we have you sorted.   Now I know you are using 2 different Custom Remotes I can deal with it differently to everyone else.

OzViewer Newbie

Hi Al,

Another problem has cropped up, I must be cursed.

Everything was working fine and I changed nothing, yet when I loaded Slingbox today, on the component input which is the Panasonic Blue Ray Recorder I get the following message:

"Unsupported video signal (like 1080p) detected."

I have audio but no video and I cannot change channels or input select, the remote doesn't work at all.

It is locked on AV input (determinable from the audio).

The Foxtel is working fine. it is connected to the AV input on the Panasonic. The Foxtel IQ is standard definition digital.

Any ideas?

Dennis