78 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 10:36 AM by MunchSky Branched to a new discussion. RSS

SlingBox Pro Network light won't turn on? Hard reset doesn't work?

SlingJames

So it seems like I'm one of the very many who are experiencing this issue. I took my slingbox pro out last week after not using it for a while. Just like a bunch of others on here, the network light will not come on. Not to mention, pressing or holding down the reset button does nothing. The power light stays permanently solid...almost as though the box is in a frozen state. Naturally, the setup assitant is unable to find the box on my network...despite the fact that I've attempted every option, both wired and wireless. Very frustrating. Here's what I've tried so far:

- Followed every single troubleshooting step on this slingmedia support page...with no solution

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000057.html

- Tried hard resetting the box by holding the reset button for up to 30 seconds straight...with no result.

- Bought a replacement AC adapter...but the result is no different. Network light will still not come on. Behaves exactly as it did with the original power adapter. That was a waste of money.

- Wired the SlingBox directly into my modem (forgoing the router) to see if it was a router issue. Still no network lights

Just curious, but is there any official acknowledgement by Slingmedia regarding this widespread issue that seems to be affecting so many SlingBox Pro users? I can't imagine it's just a coincidence that I've counted at least 7 threads with the same exact issue only the first page of this forum. I've read all kinds of solutions such as replacing the power adapter (which didn't work for me), to opening up your device and replacing defective capacitors (which I won't/can't do). Since my device is over 3 years old and out of warranty, is there any repair option available through Sling?

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

-James