8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2011 3:20 PM by linksfiend RSS

New FiOS DVR (CHS 435HDC)

linksfiend Newbie

Just got a new FiOS DVR (model CHS 435HDC).  It says here that it's not supported.  Now what?

Please help,

Mike

• Re: New FiOS DVR (CHS 435HDC)
          LukeBBC251

I'm in the exact same boat (new Verizon Fios customer with an unsupported Cisco box).  The only difference is my model # is CHS 335HDC.  I just now spoke with tech support on the phone and they said that there is no way of contacting Sling to request that these boxes get added (I was hoping he had some pull where he could put in a request for me).  He said the only way to do it is through the forum, but no one from Sling is providing any feedback here.

I know Verizon Fios is only giving out Cisco boxes going forward, and I asked the Sling rep on the phone if there are any plans to add theses boxes and he said there are no plans to do so.  Fios is getting bigger and bigger in Massachusetts, so I told the rep that I wished Sling would be more proactive in getting these boxes supported, but he said there was nothing they could do.

If Sling does not get these Cisco boxes supported, it will effectively make Slingbox useless for all new Fios customers.

alanrichey42 Master
            Just got a new FiOS DVR (model CHS 435HDC).  It says here that it's not supported.  Now what?

See this thread

Verizon Fios Cisco CHS 335HDC box remote control needed

linksfiend Newbie

Read through the link that alanrichey42 posted above.  It worked perfectly for me.  The remote says Comcast instead of FiOS but that is merely cosmetic.

Thanks Mr Richey!!!

The only difficulty I had in the whole process was getting the new FiOS router to communicate with the Slingbox.  But all that really required was a "hard reset" as detailed by SlingMedia here:

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-1000038.html

LukeBBC251

I just tried a "hard" reset and ran through the set-up, and the  custom remote that Al posted above works perfectly!  I tested out my  Android app and my iPad app and everything is back to normal in terms of  the remote working.

I think the reason why the custom  remote may not have worked from the start is because I recently moved as  well as switched to Fios (from Comcast).  The hard reset may have been  needed to flush any of the old setup away (just a hunch).

Anyways, thanks a lot to Al for all the help!

ToddL

I tried the link to download the custom remote for the cisco 435, but got a server error. can anyone advise me how to get it?

alanrichey42 Master

What link ?    What is the URL ?   Where did you get it ?

ToddL

got it from one of the form discussions above led me to it, though it said it was for the 335, but the consumer said it worked on the 435 model. My slingbox has beeen unusable since seitching from comcast to fios.

linksfiend Newbie

We really need to wipe this thread and start over.  Although it was an interesting exercise, it got way more complex than necessary. Currently all new FiOS remote controls are universal.  I noticed that all of my devices work with the same remote control.

So, when you're setting up your 435, you can use the preprogramed Motorola QIP6416 (DVR) remote from SlingMedia. 

When you get to the step 2 in "Configure Video Sources", select the following:

Who manufactured your cable box? Motorola

What is the model? QIP6416 (DVR)

The cisco dvr uses the same remote.  Everything will work fine - including switching CC on/off