3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2011 2:33 PM by Dachshound RSS

Slingbox Pro - networking light is off and reset still off. I need help

nixonm

Dear all,

I have been using Slingbox Pro for quite sometime, and all the sudden, the networking light is off and reset some many times and after the initial refresh, the networking light is still off. I have no other way to resolve this, already reconnect router, no changes to the setting. Can anyone help?

• Re: Slingbox Pro - networking light is off and reset still off. I need help
          Dachshound

Hi nixonm, all it seems that you have the same symptom like me - all of the sudden no network connection. The network light on the front panel stays permanently off. Reset doesn't help, at all. The setup wizard can't find the thing on the network, logically. After some Internet investigation (e.g. for Error: 0x8007274c ), you would find people describing the hardware problem of the network adapter of the Slingbox. Some of them managed to have their boxes replaced by the manufacturer, some not. I recommend you addressing the Sling Media Inc support, or contacting their Indian call center, hopefully they can give you instructions what to do. I myself must either do the same, or dispose the box, since it is very unlikely I can repair it at home...

Monna

I've had this problem so many times, I'm thinking maybe because of a power surge. I've worked with the routers, tried about everything. This has brought my network back the last three times I've done it. I have all my cables plugged into a small power surge with several plugins on it. I unplug the power surge from the wall, wait 60 seconds and plug it back in. Thats all I had to do. Quick and worth a try.

Dachshound

Yes Monna, later on I found also the other possible root cause of the problem with lost network connectivity. People described  how they replaced the original power supply by a new one, either obtained from the manufacturer, or got independently from other sources than Sling Media Inc. There was an assumption that the AC/DC adapter (originally 6V/3.5 A) can deteriorate during the longer service period, mostly permanently switched on. So, this strange malfunction of the Slingbox can be caused either by broken network interface, or by failure of the power supply. In a very bad scenario, I can imagine that the latter event may invoke the first one, rendering the box unusable.