1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 5, 2011 5:58 PM by ranaleon RSS

Pro HD internet viewing setup question

klcham1

First time set up with the Pro HD.  Everything works great on my home network, but still haven't been able to connect away from home via internet - I get the "can't find slingbox" message requesting slingbox name and ip address or id.

Slingbox info says internet viewing set up is complete.

I use McAfee Security Center (with firewall) and suspect that is preventing connecting away from home.

1. Do you know what settings in a security program like McAfee need to be set (and to what) to allow internet viewing?

(firewall settings, port settings)

2.  If I need to put in an ip address, do I use the slingbox public IP address?

3. Since the slingbox info says   "Internet Viewing Set Up Complete: Yes" , can I assume that my router (linksys WRT150N) is configured properly or do I still need to consider port forwarding or other adjustments?

(any info about success with the WRT150N router would be appreciated).

4. Do I also need to make any adjustments to Windows 7 security/firewall?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Pro HD internet viewing setup question
          Apprentice

Hi, klcham1

It seems that you are having some issues in order to get the remote connection to your Slingbox PRO HD, although the Slingbox works fine at home.

If you get the "cannot find the Slingbox" error message, the isue is related to the security software. Even though we can not tell you which adjustments to make on your security software (for obvious security reasons), we encourage you to check this link and follow the indications.

Internet security and personal firewalls

The information included in this link will encourage you to contact your security software provider in order to know what adjustments to make.

On the other hand, if you get the "Internet Viewing Set Up Complete: Yes" message, it means that the Internet Viewing feature has been enabled in your Slingbox and now you will be able to get the remote connection.

Regards