19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2011 3:16 PM by jersey2000 RSS

No remote control

stuent

Hi people  I am also with out my remote. I am in the UK,  I have a Sling  classic, Sky+ and an Amstrad DR280 - I can see the picture on my sling  player but no remote - any clues???

I have tried the steps suggested on the site - go through set-up

I have also tried entering all the other remotes for sky

I have also tried entering the custom one at Fast, Medium, slow but still no remote

HELP, please

Stu

• Re: No remote control
          alanrichey42 Master

Is the Hide/Show Remote symbol greyed out ?

stuent

Hi Alan, yes it is.

And following the set-up steps even from scratch - still does not find it.

alanrichey42 Master

I assume the setup procedure seems to work OK ?   What OS are you using and what software are you using to run the video sources setup ?

stuent

Hi Alan - the setup does work in so much that I can see the picture and sound - the only point of faliure is the lack of remote

In terms of set-up

My laptop is a Samsung runnig Windows 7

I have BT Infinity broadband series 2 home hub

Sky+ amstrad DR280 box

Connected by S video

I think thats it -is there anything I missed??

Thanks for your interest

alanrichey42 Master

OK, although I actually meant just the Video Sources setup where you specify the Manufacturer and Model.  After you have specified SKy and Sky + does the Power Test work ?   Does it show the remote skin downloading?

stuent

Hi Alan - that is the first point of faliure (well second after the remote not coming up in the player)

When I get to the point of testing the power (or any other button) thats when I get the operation failed - it is at that point I have tried changing the remote device to all on the list -but still the same result no remote/ faliure.

It was working fine and the only things that have changed in my set-up are:

1) BT infinity (home hub 2)

2) Reset of sling box

3) Update of the Sling box software

Stuart

jersey2000

I'm having the same problem - I went through configure inputs to set up the remote - remarkably the remote works WHILE I'M IN SETUP - but when I finish setup and go to "watch tv" - it starts to say "loading remote" and then it says in that space "input not configured".  I've gone through set up 8 different times - same result.

Any Advice how to fix this???  My problems seemed to have started about June 1 - please be honest and tell me if there was some kind of upgrade around that date?

alanrichey42 Master

jersey2000 wrote:

I'm having the same problem - I went through configure inputs to set up the remote - remarkably the remote works WHILE I'M IN SETUP - but when I finish setup and go to "watch tv" - it starts to say "loading remote" and then it says in that space "input not configured".  I've gone through set up 8 different times - same result.

Any Advice how to fix this???  My problems seemed to have started about June 1 - please be honest and tell me if there was some kind of upgrade around that date?

Same advice as for the other poster.  Try doing it using the standalone Slingplayer.

stuent

Hi Alan - I have tried both stand alone player and ther web player - the standalone player gets the error I have shown above..the online player and can get a remote up and I can turn the volume up and down but thats it ;(

Can I say a big thank you for the interest you have shown in my case.

Regards

Stuart

alanrichey42 Master
                                  Hi Alan - I have tried both stand alone player and ther web player - the standalone player gets the error I have shown above..the online player and can get a remote up and I can turn the volume up and down but thats it ;(

Forget the Volume (and Mute) buttons, they are actually 'hijacked' by Slingplayer to control it's own volume.  The codes are never sent to the device.

So I assume you now have a realsitic Sky remote on the screen but tapping the buttons has no effect ?   Have you tested the IR Blasters are actually firing ? http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000042.html

jersey2000

So - as of this a.m. neither my Slingplayer on Firefox or IE, nor my Droid Mobile Slingplayer worked. Firefox/IE didn't work because the remote wouldn't load.  The Mobile Slingplayer just said that there was no internet connection to my Slingbox.

I followed Alan's advice and tried the standalone Slingplayer app. I downloaded and installed it, configured the inputs, including the remote, and it worked.

Lo and Behold - when I tried the Firefox add-on, it now works and loads the remote.  And even more baffling, my Droid Mobile app works (it hasn't worked for almost a month now.)

So, either something happened at Slingmedia - or the mere act of setting up the standalone player changed some vital settings and now everything works.

I hope this helps others.

stuent

Hi Jersey - I am very jealous

I think my next step is to uninstall my desk top sling player and try downloading it agian

what do you think Alan?

alanrichey42 Master
                                    Lo and Behold - when I tried the Firefox add-on, it now works and loads the remote.  And even more baffling, my Droid Mobile app works (it hasn't worked for almost a month now.)

Not baffling    When you install a Remote Control it is stored in the Slingbox itself, not on any other device.   So ANY type of viewing system will use that remote.

jersey2000

Understood.  It's too bad that 1) the online setup doesn't work and I had to download the standalone - seems that someone could fix the online setup to work, and 2) too bad there's no alert about this.  It's good that Slingbox has an open forum but why not have a page of current (last two months) alerts about problems happening.  I don't envy anyone in support at Slingmedia - so many different glitches and ways for things not to work.