6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 5:56 PM by billhowardesq RSS

Admin password

reneesmith

I cannot connect. It asks for an admin password. Whatbis that and what to do ? Everything is hooked up correctly and has been working fine until today

• Re: Admin password
          Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hi Renee, the admin password is your slingbox account password. If you forgot yours, you can just reset your password. Click Log In in the upper right of each page of the Slingbox Answers Forum and then enter your Sling Account email address in the Forgot password? section of the resulting page. We will send you an email that will include a password reset link.

JDadiotis

I have the same issue as Renee, however I put in my slingbox account password, and still nothing.  I went and logged out of my account and reentered with my password and gained access of my acount but not to view on my ipad.  I was able to view a month ago, but something has changed.  Is there anyway I can take the "admin password" option off.  I want to enjoy my slingbox just the way I did in the past.

Thanks for the help,

Jim

billhowardesq

I'm having the same problem.  Can someone answer the question of what to do when the slingbox asks for an admin password that I never set up?  My slingbox had been working fine until suddenly it began asking for an admin password (which is not the same as my account password)

Dantejack

I'm having the same issue on my IPAD.. I know my password,  I have entered several times and it still won't connect... Please help!!!

ctyboy

Aha!  I'm not alone!  My iPad SlingPlayer also just asked for my admin password, which I know and entered, but it still will not connect.  Neither will my iPhone Mobile SlingPlayer.  This happened about 2 days ago and hasn't worked since.

Any word from Sling on what happened on their end?

billhowardesq

Note to all:  fixed this issue by having someone push the reset button for at least ten seconds on the back of the slingbox at my home. I exited out of my slingplayer while that was done.  I then reopened slingplayer and typed "admin" in the box.  It worked.  Slingplayer's back!  I had tried just typing in admin without resetting, but that didn't do the trick.  Good luck.