6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2011 11:47 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

DishNetwork 625 remote code.

Brianhf

Ok after 2 hours of Googling, I am still stuck in Slingplayer setup at the please enter remote code box. What code are they wanting, the setup instructions seem to be very vague. Hope someone can help, thanks.

• Re: DishNetwork 625 remote code.
          alanrichey42 Master

Which Slingplayer are you using ?   The standalone one or the web-based one ?

You shouldn't have been asked to enter a code at your stage, assuming you selected Satellite receiver then they should ask you for Manufacturer (Dish Network) and Model Number (625).  Although in the case of Dish, all their boxes use the same code so any of the Model selections should work.

Brianhf

Ok so just so my bases were covered, I tried all options, composite, rgb, s-video, with cable satellite dvr and dvd, and I am never given any manufacturer options that dont say "no exact matches found" , even if I just type in "D" for Dish Network, it returns no matches. Really stumped on this and I cant find any searches that return an answer.

Brianhf

Wow now I reset the unit and now it wont connect at all. So frustrated with a piece of equipment I just received today not working. Is the only other option to buy a Dish tuner with the Sling built in? AAAAAAARGH. I leave for overseas in 4 days and don't have time to receive a replacement.

alanrichey42 Master

I was about to say that the lack of any manufactures in the drop down list normally points to your box having failed and the only possible solution was a reset.  Now that you have done that and it won't connect that just about proves it the box is fried.  Sorry.