1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 20, 2011 9:07 AM by ed_roebersen RSS

Urgent enhancement suggestions.

ed_roebersen

Hello,

Eventhough my enhancement suggestions are not hard to think off I do like to suggest them because I consider them quite urgent.

I would like to see the following two enhancements for the Slingbox Pro HD and the Slingplayer for it:

• First of all it would be cool if the Slingbox could not only stream a livestream to a PC, but also a Full HD asynchronous stream. With the latter I mean a stream that isn't for watching live. The asynchronous stream could produce a file on the PC in the best available Full HD format. I would like to use such a function to stream the recordings of a Digital Video Recorder to a PC in the highest quality possible. It would be nice if this function would automatically quit streaming when the image being transferred is fixed and not longer moving. With my Digital Video Recorder this occurs when the end of a recording has been reached. This function might incidentally also also disturb the copying of a recording. Because of this it might be a good idea if this function could also be turned off.
      • Second it would also be nice if people can add their own glyphs to the views with stations of SlingPlayer. For the stations of my country no glyphs are available in the standard set of glyphs. Ofcourse this doesn't offer the sleek look of the advertisement that makes customers buy the Slingbox Pro HD and SlingPlayer Mobile. I bought both, but I have not yet seen any button with a nice glyph of a dutch TV-station to switch to the channel of that station. I already made a lot of glyphs in 55x41 "Portable Network Graphics" format for the Logitech Harmony 1100 universal remote control. It would be nice if these glyphs could also be used with SlingPlayer. To make the glyphs available to the SlingPlayer for PC and to SlingPlayer Mobile it might be a nice solution if one could upload glyphs for favorite stations to the SlingBox Pro HD. A player that wants to use them can download the images from there. (The latter is just an idea because the streaming signal already consumes precious bandwidth.)

Kind regards,

Ed Roebersen.

• Re: Urgent enhancement suggestions.
          ed_roebersen

Hello,

After resetting my Slingbox and upgrading to the latest firmware I reconfigured my Slingbox and didn't see any change to the problem with the images of favorite stations. This model is already available since Januari 2008 and:

• the Slingplayer for PC still doesn't show any images for stations of my country,
          • the Slingplayer for PC still doesn't offer any functionality to consumers to upload images themselves,
          • the Slingplayer for Android devices still doesn't show any images for stations of my country,
          • the Slingplayer for PC still doesn't offer any functionality to order the stations in any other order than an ascending row of frequencies.

The functionality for scanning frequencies, storing and ordering stations and adding images still is so scanty and not as sleek as advertised that it's for crying out lout and to remain shocked and depressed afterward. Ofcourse I do like the fact that I can stream televsion to PC's and to my cellphone.

Problems with firmware upgrades and frequency scans make me angry.

When I get less than aspected I'm very disappointed.

To compensate I also want to show my gratitude for what does work.

Kind regards,

Ed Roebersen.