2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2011 1:38 AM by dbsguy RSS

DirectTV DVR connection

Mooshagian

I have my Slingbox SOLO hooked up to a DirectTV DVR.  All hookups and wires are connected and firewalls have been disabled on my computer.  I get messages stating the plug-in cannot find the box on the same local network.  I have heard this box only works on Dish DVR's.  I also tried to run the software on my new Ipod Touch.  The software could not be downloaded.  Is it true the box only works with DishNetwork?

• Re: DirectTV DVR connection
          Apprentice

Hi, Mooshagian

I understand that you are having some issues with your Slingbox SOLO since it cannot be located in your home network.

As the first step, we recommend you to verify if your browser is included on the supported browsers list. The following link will allow you to check this information.

What browsers are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

As a second option, we recommend you to check if your computer meets the requirements for the Slingbox SOLO.

Tech Specs for the Slingbox SOLO

Finally, the Slingbox SOLO will work with all the devices included on the supported devices list.

Finding your video source

Regards

• Re: DirectTV DVR connection
            dbsguy Apprentice

The slingbox works and controls DirecTV receivers just fine; so whoever you "heard" that fom was misinformed.

You can not/should not purchase the app though iTunes until after your slingbox has been setup and is working on at least a local computer FIRST!

Also, make sure itunes has been updated to the latest version and that your iPod Touch is runing the latest firmware.