1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 30, 2011 2:13 PM by ranaleon RSS

updating from classic slingbox to sling pro hd

carasgrammy

I want to update my classic slingbox to a sling pro hd that i have purchased. i want to do this so i can use my android smartphone to view my tv.  can anyone tell me how to change the boxes and will it be difficult. do i have to then change anything in the setting etc. when i want to connect with my laptop?  any info that i can get will be greatly appreciated.  it was years ago when i connected my classic and i do not even remember how i did it at the time. it has worked well for years but i would like to update now.

• Re: updating from classic slingbox to sling pro hd
          Apprentice

Hi, carasgrammy

I understand that you have in mind to upgrade to the Slingbox PRO HD. However, you have some questions about the set up process.

First, we recommend you to take advantage of the Slingbox Upgrade Program. This option allows you to get a $50 off when getting your new Slingbox PRO HD. This link will provide you with further details.

Slingbox Upgrade Program (US)

Once you get your new Slingbox PRO HD, you need to hook it up to your home router and TV source in order to set it up for Internet Viewing.

The following link will allow you to get all the information about the Slingbox and how to set it up.

Getting Started with the Slingbox PRO HD

Finally, you only need to visit our website at www.slingbox.com whenever you want to get the remote connection using a desktop or laptop computer. First, you need to log in to your Sling Account and then, click on the "Watch" tab at the top of the web page.

Regards