6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2011 1:50 PM by sergioa23 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Incorrect Admin Password

stevendolan@cox.net

I have tried everything to find my slingbox pro HD on the network. It says it can't find it and when I do it asks for the ADMIN Password. I am using the password I have to log into my account and I have reset it, yet it keeps telling me incorrect admin password. How do I get the correct admin password?

• Re: Incorrect Admin Password
          rikishi

We may be in the same boat.  In my case, the reset was tried, because following an attempted firmware upgrade (1.4.60 -> 2.1.80), communication was lost.  I believe that the reset has changed the admin password to "admin" (without the quotes), because if I use the old password or a random string, it requests the password again, but if I enter "admin", I get a "there was a problem communicating ..." error; clicking the "tell me more" link reports Error: 0x92350035, Context: 20, Operation: 4.

Is this the same or similar to your situation?

stevendolan@cox.net

Putting admin in the password request box only gets the same response of incorrect admin password - how do I reset or get the correct password?

rikishi

Though none of these worked for me:

A second hard reset may help.  One user reported that holding the button until a second bout of fast flashing occurs helped (it took ~38 seconds).

Doing setup via slingbox.com, instead of the desktop player, may help.  Or, vice-versa.

Connecting your PC via Ethernet (to the same LAN as the slingbox), instead of Wi-Fi helped in one case.

Does the Setup Assistant find your slingbox on the LAN, or are you selecting it from Slingbox Directory?

Please post what required you to do the reset in the first place (forgotten password, device stopped responding, firmware upgrade, etc.)

stevendolan@cox.net

Slingbox was working fine, but I got a message that an upgrade was available, after the firmware download failed, I attempted to reset and now when I try to use set-up, it tells me that it can't find my slingbox, but it is there in the directory. I try to set-up through the directory, which then asks me for an admin password,which I obviously have wrong. I have tried admin and the password that I use to logon and neither works.

Apprentice

Hi, stevendolan@cox.net  and rikishi

It seems that you are having some issues with your Slingbox PRO HD ever since you tried to update the firmware version. In this case, I recommend you
                      to check the following thread and follow the indications included on the last post.

Setup Cannot Find ProHD on the Network

Regards

sergioa23

So Im sure by now that you've resolved your problem but this is what I did:

1: I did what I'm calling a Hard Reset from the back of the Slingbox. I held the Reset button down for 10 seconds. The lights in the front started flashing.

2: I Setup the Slingbox again. It said I needed to update the firmware. I tried that and it gave me an error. I tried again and got another error. I just pressed Next.

3: I set up the rest of the configerations and its working again. Its not saying that I have wrong administrator password anymore.

In the end I think it's just something wrong with the firmware. I hope this helped you and anyone else.