1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 25, 2011 12:44 PM by ranaleon RSS

Using Slingbox in France

GeneM

We go back and forth between the US and France several times a year spending time in both places.  I have used sling box for couple of years while in France to watch US TV... it has worked great.  Now I want to do the opposite and set up a Slingbox HD in France so I can watch our French tv in US. Any issues anyone knows of?  Not sure how setting up remote will go... I have ordered new service in France but have not received DVR as yet.I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this.

Thanks

Gene

• Re: Using Slingbox in France
          Apprentice

Hi, GeneM

It seems that you need some information before setting up the Slingbox PRO HD in France.

First, you must purchase the Slingbox PRO HD in France or the UK, since France uses the SECAM TV video format. This means that if you purchase this unit in the US, it will not work in France.

Secondly, you must run the same process you ran in the US in order to set up your Slingbox PRO HD for Internet Viewing. If you do not remember the steps to follow, make sure to check these links. They will provide you with some information that might help you.

Slingbox PRO HD Internet Viewing

Tech Specs for the Slingbox PRO HD

Regarding the TV source configuration, just check this link. It will allow you to check if your DVR is a supported model and how to set it up.

Finding your video source

Regards