3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2011 12:49 PM by petejc RSS

Can View Slingbox with wired Computer but not over WIFI.  WIFI Connected can view remote Slingboxes

petejc

I can view my slingbox using a computer that is wired to the same router as the slingbox.

I cannot view the same slingbox using a computer connected to the router over the router's WIFI network

The same WIFI connected computer CAN connect to two different remote slingboxes.  One is 15 miles away and the other is 700 miles away.

When I try to connect I get the message number Error: 0x8007274D with text that it may be a firewall or a NAT problem.  I shut down both firewalls just for fun,

• Re: Can View Slingbox with wired Computer but not over WIFI.  WIFI Connected can view remote Slingboxes
          chakkarinen Apprentice

I had a similar problem when I first installed my Slingbox.   I could see it fine when using a computer attached via Ethernet or Wifi to the same router that my Slingbox was connected to via Ethernet.  But could not find the Slingbox from any location outside the local area network of the router.

My problems all went away when I programmed the router to assign a static IP address to the Slingbox, then programmed my router to forward port 5001 with "both" protocols (TCP and UDP) to that static IP address assigned to the Slingbox.

Rebooting both the router and the Slingbox once made everything work great, and it has worked great without a hitch for the several months since.

• Re: Can View Slingbox with wired Computer but not over WIFI.  WIFI Connected can view remote Slingboxes
            petejc

Well, I got it to work.   This is what I finally did.  I went back to SlingPlayer 1.5.0.325.  I had to go out on the Internet and found it on some legacy site.

After spending I don't know how many hours using the web version and then SlingPlayer 2.xx I just gave up.  I uninstalled both and rebooted the computer.  Then I downloaded version.1.5.xxx, installed it.  Reset the Slingbox and away we went.  Slick as can be.  Now every computer in my house can access my slingbox.

It doesn't get any better than that.

I don't think it had anything to do with that notice when I logged on today about a bad update to the PRO HD because mine is just a PRO and I didn't do any updating.

Hope this helps someone else.

Pete