4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2011 12:18 AM by Will RSS

Slingplayer Android suddenly reports connection failure

polyglotuk

Having worked perfectly for around a month, the Android app is now returning a connection failure despite locating my HDS correctly. Didn't need to forward ports on router before. Have since done so to no  avail.

In short, my sethp hasn't changed. Anyone else having trouble with version 1.3?

Thanks - was useful while it worked!

• Re: Slingplayer Android suddenly reports connection failure
          Novice

Hi polyglotuk,

Any updates since your last post? Just wondering if this "just started to work again".

polyglotuk

Hi Will,

Unfortunately the problem hasn't simply resolved itself. I'm still getting the same "Failure to connect" error during the "Starting..." phase when launching the Slingplayer app on my Android device.

The "Locating" stage seems to complete without a problem, so I'm not sure why this problem suddenly developed.

Just to reiterate, my home broadband/router setup has not changed.

I wonder if there might be a conflict with another Android app. I might try removing a couple of UPnP apps on the offchance.

Otherwise, I'm pretty stumped.

polyglotuk

polyglotuk

Hello again,

Well in desperation I tried a factory reset of the HDS-600RS.

Suddenly the Slingplayer app seems to be working again.

Bit unsatisfactory as I haven't got to the bottom of the problem and can't be sure it won't recur tomorrow.

I also get a warning that "my Slingbox model is not supported for Android" which is a little off-putting seeing as Android support is specifically mentioned on myechostar.com

Incidentally, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S II running Android 2.3.3.

I'm happy again for now and will report back if things go wrong again. Maybe the recent 117R release meant I need to perform a factory reset (??).

Thanks for taking the time to enquire.

polyglotuk