20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 10:42 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Dm800hd remote on slingbox ?

trevor9002

Hi all

Have connected my dm800hd to slingbox but when setting up there is no dm800hd, have used another dm series to get remote but not all buttons on remote work....i.e green, yellow and blue ones.....which need to get favorites......apart from that it works sound.....need help?

Cheers

T.

• Re: Dm800hd remote on slingbox ?
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it doesn't help.

Al

lefteris Newbie

Use tha same custom files as dm8000 does .

All buttons work perfect including the coloured ones (tested and working great by me). 

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/forum/remote-file-downloads/remote-file-for-dreambox-dm-8000/#p1544

HeartWare

The file doesn't work - the Audio button shows the Help menu on my DM8000HD...

lefteris Newbie

You are right ,

pressing audio button goes to help menu but if you look in there you will find the audio button option. 

HeartWare

Sorry - where should I look?

I tried selecting the Audio option from the menu system instead, and it did the same...

Could someone please fix the file so that we have correct DM8000 remote setup files?

alanrichey42 Master

Happy to help, but need some confirmation.    I have compared these files and it seems to me that your problem is being caused by incorrect use of that Custom Remote file.  I am guessing you simply installed the S1237 BIN files ?  If so then you get the standard Dream Remote skin, which has the Audio button bottom left of the arrow buttons.   But those S1237 files are specifically designed for the custom SPR image included in the ZIP file, and that has that button labelled as Help and therefore quite correctly pulls up the Help Menu.

The attached BIN files map the Audio function onto that button so should make the default remote image work OK ?

(As before, put them in the \SBAV\ folder and run the Video Setup)

HeartWare

http://epguides.info/Remote.jpg

This is the image I get up when I show my remote. When I click on the "Audio" button, I get the help... When I click on "Help" I get the menu. When I click on "Menu" I also get the menu. When I click on "Video", I get the video list, when I click on "Info" I get the info for the current programme.

Hope this helps...

alanrichey42 Master

That certainly isn't the SPR file I put in with the package so I guess you didn't install it.

Was that behaviour the same with the new BIN files installed ?

HeartWare

I have now tried installing the new BIN files, and now the Audio button does absolutely nothing

My DreamBox is a DM8000HD (not DM800HD) if that matters...

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, my fault.  I put the hex value in instead of the decimal value.

Any better ?

HeartWare

No change (Audio button still doesn't do anything).

I do this:

1) Start SlingPlayer Desktop

2) Disconnect from the one it logs on to

3) Open the directory

4) Click on the Slingbox that I have set up as local access (intranet)

5) Click "Edit"

6) Click "Change" to change the configuration

7) Click on "Video source" (or whatever it's called)

8) Select "Satellite receiver" -> Next

9) Select "DreamBox", "Other" -> Next

10) Select "Custom"

11) Enter "S1237" in the input box that appears

12) Turn my DM8000 off, then on again

13) Click "Next"

It then says that there are no updates and I then click "Next" and "Apply" (IIRC).

I now have a "My Slingbox" in addition to the (local) one I started by editing, but both this "My Slingbox" and the one I started editing doesn't do anything when I click on the Audio button (but the other buttons seem to work - at least the few ones I tried (Menu/Help/Exit/Info)).

alanrichey42 Master

OK, the code I have for Audio must be wrong.    Two options left:

1.    Got to http://remotes.slingbox.com,  and the 'learn' the Audio button to ALL the number keys.  Then use the Export Remote option to create a myRemote.lrz file and post it here.  I can then check what code the Audio button is sending.

2.    Trial and Error.    There are only 255 possible codes so we just try all the unused ones.

Al

HeartWare

Unfortunately, I can't access my Slingbox via the web interface. It can't find my Slingbox (even though I can play it both on my Android tablet both remotely (Internet) and locally (Intranet), and on the SlingPlayer Desktop both remote and local from the same PC, as well as remotely from my PC at work)..

It it was some other exotic key it wouldn't matter, but my DreamBox is set up to output DD 5.1 on channels with that kind of audio, and thus there's no audio from the analogue outputs unless I enable downmix, which will then also destroy the 5.1 mix for my AVR. Therefore it sould be nice to be able to switch the audio track to the MPEG 2.0 one on the channels that have DD 5.1 audio tracks (most of them also have a 2.0 sound track).

I really appreciate your help, but I am at a loss at this point, unless you can help me figure out why the web interface can't access my local SlingBox. I am 100% certain that it is on the same network, and I can PING it without problems. I have installed Fing and it detects the SlingBox on the IP address I have set up in the router for the MAC address it has (Fing seems to be able to decode the device manufacturer from the MAC address - I have never told it I have a Sling Device on the network, and it tells me immediately that it is such a device).

lefteris Newbie

Dm800 & dm8000 use the same remote control and custom remote file.

I tried allan's remote bins and happened the same on my dm800, audio button is not working.

The only solution i can propose to you is use the previous remote files and through the help menu change the audio settings (there is this options as i

show you in screenshot (sorry for not being in english).

screenshot.jpg

alanrichey42 Master
                                                                Unfortunately, I can't access my Slingbox via the web interface. It can't find my Slingbox (even though I can play it both on my Android tablet both remotely (Internet) and locally (Intranet), and on the SlingPlayer Desktop both remote and local from the same PC, as well as remotely from my PC at work)..

What type of Slingbox is it ?   The remote builder on the Web supports only Solos and Pro-HDs.

HeartWare

It's a SlingBox Solo...

And the funny thing is - I can connect to it from my work PC, which connects over the InterNet, whereas on my home PC, which connects over IntraNet, can't do it...

In both cases, I use Win7 64-bit and FireFox (I have tried with IE as well - some problem).

stewhalsall86

hello people i hope you can help me i cant find C:\Program Files\Sling Media\Slingplayer\SBAV\ folder on my laptop windows 7  its C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\WebSlingPlayer ActiveX and i cant find SBAV folder any help PLEASE