2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2011 9:38 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

slingbox solo question

Jared44

I have a slingbox solo and it was hooked up through a VCR through analog cable.  Recently Comcast cable came out and hooked up a digital cable converter.  So I left everything hooked up as I had it, meaning, where the cable comes out of the wall I had a splitter, then the cable went from there to the VCR to the TV etc.  This worked for awhile but then every week or so I would lose more channels as they converted to the digital signal.  I tried to put the splitter after the converter box, but this does not work.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Re: slingbox solo question
          Apprentice

Hi, Jared44

I understand that ever since Comcast provided you with a digital cable converter, you keep losing channels.

The main issue is that the Slingbox SOLO is not capable to fix this issue, since it does not have a tuner. Your best option is to get the Slingbox PRO HD.

This unit have an internal tuner that might help you under these specific circumstances. However, keep in mind that it all depends on the signal encryption. If the signal you get is encrypted, you might not be able to get some of the channels.      

Regards.

• Re: slingbox solo question
            alanrichey42 Master

Does the DTA box have composite outputs or just a co-ax lead ?