8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2014 8:50 AM by greenp RSS

freeview retune fails at 52%

mrk

I have a slingbox pro.  Due to the digital switchover in Scotland I need to retune to get freeview programmes.

I have tried several times and each time it starts to scan for channels.  It then gets to 52% and then fails with an error saying the connection to the slingbox has been lost

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this.

• Re: freeview retune fails at 52%
          apyx

I am glad to see that I am not the only one with this problem - since the Scottish Digital Switchover I can only get to 4% before my Slingbox-PRO fails with exactly the same message - the network connection light goes out just before message appears. 

mrk

I ran the retune again yesterday and it worked OK.  Previously I had run the retune from the Windows client and from Internet Explorer 9.  Yesterday I ran from Firefox and it worked.  I don't know if this was just a coincidence - it might have worked anyway - who knows!

marlbrook Newbie

Someone from SLING has at last posted an acknowledgement about the Freeview tuning issue.
              https://community.sling.com/message/93569

and on a few other threads.

Pleased to get some acknowledgement from the Company, after two years.

I wonder if anyone believes it is a total coincidence that this momentous admission comes after the campaign has begun to bring this matter to much wider attention especially to potential new customers?

If, like me, you can see that there is a link, then PLEASE help me keep the pressure up. Having an acknowledgement after all this time is one thing, getting the Company to bother to get the HD and HD-PRO boxes fixed for existing customers is another matter.

https://community.sling.com/message/93136

greenp

marlbrook wrote:

Someone from SLING has at last posted an acknowledgement about the Freeview tuning issue.
                  https://community.sling.com/message/93569

and on a few other threads.

Pleased to get some acknowledgement from the Company, after two years.

Sorry to say but Sling Have removed this link so you can no longer read this post as you have to be authorised to be able to read it.

I was looking to buy a hd-pro to replace my pro box, but will not be doing so,

I'm now looking to other manufactors to get a box that does the same locality shifting.

my pro fails at 62% In Rotherham South Yorks - Emliy Moor I belive. (but loses it's network at 2% and then reports at end no connection)

BobShanghai Newbie

FYI Pro-HD with latest firmware will tune correctly in UK.

Sling fixed the problem for pro-hd, but not for pro.

What is not fixed, is epg and radio stations, but at least the tuning works.

I took my pro to Shanghai, using it to stream from my home media system to wherever I am working in China, installed a pro-hd in UK, together with an HDS600RS.

Bob