4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2011 12:45 PM by cristina RSS

Ipad Guide

barnesblade

For sometime I had an automated guide when using Xfinity. I think it is something in the setup of the Slingboxsolo?

In other words I did not have to control the guide with page up page down thru the DVR. It was all there just scroll

up and down to see the channels with a swip of my fingure as the guide was already electronically working like an internet

guide on the ipad.

NOW IT IS GONE? Back to the **** DVR guide....

WHAT HAPPENED and HOW DO I GET THE GUIDE BACK WITH THE PROGRAMING ALREADY PRESENT

IN A NICE GUIDE THAT I CAN JUST SWIP MY FINGERE UP AND DOWN TO FIND CHANNELS AND TOUCH

AND BOOM IT PLAYS THE CHANNEL THE WAY IT SHOULD BE ON IPAD???

HELP HELP!!

PLEASE!!!!!

• Re: Ipad Guide
          dusling88

I hope someone from SlingMedia is reading this.....I have been using SlingBox for years now, and when I finally purchased an iPad, I became lost. The icons are not intuitive. No problem SlingMedia, but where in the heck is the guide that shows us what those cute little icons mean when we see them on our iPads? Anyone out there? When I type "iPad user guide" I get all sorts of  references, but nothing that helps. I would like a simple JPEG or PDF that I can print out, and use as reference for the icons, until I have them memorized. I will give a big smile to anyone that can point me to the Web page that has this reference material.

barnesblade

Look not sure if were on the same page here... Sling media please -

here is your link for the

Sling media electronic guide....

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000232.html

THE PROBLEM IS THERE IS NO DOCUMENTATION ON WHERE IN THE SETUP PROCESS OF A SLINGBOX SOLO

YOU CAN ENTER THE **** ZIP CODE AND CABLE GUIDE YOU ARE USING SO THE SLINGBOX KNOWS THE PROGRAMS

AND DELIVERS THE INFO TO THE IPAD IN A FORMAT YHAT DOESN'T SUCK LIKE MANIPULATING THE DVR WITH THE WORST

SET OF TOOLS EVER For changing channels and Internet response delays in doing so?

PLEASE SEND INFO OR LINK TO HELP FOLKS KNOW HOW TO SETUP UP THEIR  ZIP CODE AND CABLE/SAT SERVICE

SO WE CAN VIEW THE PROPER ELECTRONIC GUIDES ON OUR PADS

PLEEAse!!!!!

barnesblade

I think it is referred to as the "Slingbox guide", this would be different than manipulating my Xfinity DVR cable guide

with the slingbox controls thru the internet.

Am I I nuts here? I am sure someone out there has seen how trick the Sling Box Guide works on iPad I can't believe no one else has seen

it?

So, how does one get it to work if it went out? Simply, perhaps, I am the dummy and the set up of the Zip codes and cable

guides is so easy even a caveman can do it.

Using the DVR and Xfinity Cable Guide to scroll thru the channels does make you feel like a cave man, like to get back

to modern present day technology.

So again HELP  Please I'll send a gift to the person who can ANSWER THE QUESTION PROPER!

Thanks Much!

Novice

Hello barnesblade.

If you are still having issues trying to change the channels using the TV Guide on your iPad, I will recommend you to set up the inputs on the Slingbox again using the Setup Assistant. Make sure that you select the correct TV provider and your zip code therefore it will work.

Please, follow the instructions on this link in order to change the information within the Setup:

I got a new cable or satellite set-top box and now I can't control my TV

Best regards.