1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 21, 2011 5:31 PM by Josebrenes RSS

Can't Configure Slingbox Pro

steigrafx

I reset my Slingbox Pro.  My wireless gaming router is fine, and is set for a static IP.  Ping time is about 2ms.

When I run the online setup routine, it says Congratulations, it's found my Slingbox.  The next screen shows my Slingbox directory with My Slingbox.  When I continue to the next step, it says it has a problem connecting to my Slingbox.  I can't get past that point.

I've reset the Slingbox a few times.  Both red lights are on, so I know it's communicating with the wireless gaming router, particularly since the setup finds my Slingbox.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Kevin

• Re: Can't Configure Slingbox Pro
          Novice

Hi steigrafx,

What I understand from your post, is that you can't complete the Setup Assistance.

In this case, if you are using a gamming adapter and besides that a router, as a first step what I would recommend is to try to run the Setup  connecting the Slingbox directly to the router, after that, you can take  it back to the adapter.

Also, use a hardwired connection from the computer to the router for that specific step and to discard the wireless settings as a potential issue.