3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2011 7:26 PM by chakkarinen RSS

Staying Loged In

fikester

Whether I'm loged in online or on slingbox player I continue to get kicked off. Then I get message that someone else in logged in.  I changed the password but it has not resolved the problem. Any suggestions?

• Re: Staying Loged In
          chakkarinen Apprentice

I would suspect a problem with the configuration between your slingbox and the router at the location where the slingbox is located.  If you can be physically at the location of the router and slingbox, I would consider attempting to have your router assign a new static IP address to the slingbox, and then forward port 5001 of the router to that newly assigned static IP address.   Then power-cycle both the slingbox and the router, then try logging in to the slingbox via the web interface or the Sling Player software and see if the connection can be maintained.

fikester

why will my slingmoble smart phone work?  I have tried it with my phone loged out and turned off.  

chakkarinen Apprentice

I don't know enough about how the smart phones work in resolving the IP address uncertainty, but I have seen it mentioned in several other threads that folks can't get their laptops or desktop computers to connect to the Slingbox, while at the same time their smartphone connection attempts work fine.   Reassigning the static IP address does seem to solve most of those connection problems, however.