8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2017 4:33 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote Image gone on Ipad

Greg92028

For almost a year we have been using our iPhones and iPads to watch our Slingbox.  Starting a couple of days ago, the image of the remote no longer appears on either?  On the iPad when we hit the remote icon it brings up a row of buttons across the bottom of the screen (FF, Play, Pause, REW, etc.), but none of them work.  The main menu buttons at the very bottom of the screen still work (Live TV, Settings, Gallery, etc.).  Basically, we can watch whatever channel the box is left on, but can't access any of the remote functions.  We can tap the icon that brings up the basic controls (Channel +/-, DVR, Menu, etc.) But none of those buttons work either.

On my MacBook, everything was working as normal, the remote image appears and functions, just not on the iPad.  After reading some trouble shooting articles, I decided to reconfigure the source.  The problem now is that it won't complete the reconfigure...  It checks the video signal, then say "Lets test the remote", I hit continue and now it just spins endlessly on both the iPad and the iPhone on the screen that says "Loading remote for Explorer 8240HD"....  I'm now installing the Slingbox desktop on my Mac to try to reconfigure again.

Was there a recent update that is causing an issue on iPads?  Anyone else have this problem?

• Re: Remote Image gone on Ipad
          cabemac

Remote control no longer works in my IPad and IPhone apps. I have  been using slingbox for four years now and always was able to change channels  and manage my spectrum box remotely. A month ago I no longer am able to do so. The configuration of the app change and the remote control doesn't respond wen you touch or any other control for that matter.

Does anyone can help?, Is there any phone number that I can call?

Does anyone has the same problem? !

ACC388532

Same issue with me. Impossible to get connected to slingbox solo. What is going on here?

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, but 'unable to connect' and 'remote no longer works' are 2 completely different problems.   What EXACTLY is your problem ?

ACC388532

hi

Whereas before I could use IPAD to get onto Sling SOLO I can no longer get

in.

Also there is no remote working (If I can get in ) to activate the sat

box.

kindest regards

Nick Warshaw

KENSINGTON EUROPE LIMITED

Nicholas Warshaw

118-119 Piccadilly London, W1J 7NW UK.

Email: nick.warshaw@keurope.com

Tel: +44 20 7569 6822

Fax: +44 20 7569 6767

Mob: +44 7802 825556

www.keurope.com

alanrichey42 Master

OK, you do have 2 separate problems.  Obviously you need to solve the connection problem first and I am afraid I cannot help there.   As for the remote, are you seeing it on other platforms/viewers ?

cabemac

OUR Exact PROBLEMS is that we don't get the help that we suppose to get.

The Ipad and iPhone SlingBox apps changed.

Not longer we que manage our cable box through the remote in the apps because is not responded.

The apps changed and nobody answers in slingbox Co.

CLEAR ENOUGH,,,!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El ago. 25, 2017, a las 4:07 PM, alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com> escribió:

Remote Image gone on Ipad

reply from alanrichey42 in On-screen Remote Control - View the full discussion

OK, you do have 2 separate problems.  Obviously you need to solve the connection problem first and I am afraid I cannot help there.   As for the remote, are you seeing it on other platforms/viewers ?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in On-screen Remote Control by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Remote Image gone on Ipad in these streams: Inbox

ms.T Novice

The apps haven't changed. I have an iPhone and iPad. And no, you're not really being clear but I think I kind of understand what you're trying to say. If your remote no longer works on the app, you might just need to reconfigure. Use the Slingplayer for Desktop to configure your Slingbox, and that should fix your remote problem.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, let's correct a misconception you appear to have.  This is NOT a support forum.  If you want support you have to phone Sling and pay $30.   This is a community forum where users gather and try and help people who are having problems.   But with an attitude like yours I am afraid I am not inclined to help.