2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2011 10:42 AM by RafaelB RSS

Audio Only

thomasdevlin3

For some reason, my sling player Windows desktop software has recently stopped showing any video. I can change the channel and the virtual remote seems to work perfectly fine, but I am only able to get the audio. What is the problem?

• Re: Audio Only
          thomasdevlin3

I only have this problem when I use the desktop software. On the other hand, watch.Slingbox.com works fine in Firefox 3.6.16, absolutely no problems and streams at 3500-4000 kbps. The desktop software's streaming rate peaks at 188 kbps. Why would I have such differing levels of performance in the desktop software and the web browser plug-in? Watching it over the Internet is okay but I would much rather be using the desktop software. A direct solution would be great, if that's not possible just put me in the right direction. Let me know if I have not provided enough information.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: thomasdevlin3 Added:Why would I have such differing levels of performance in the desktop software and the web browser plug-in? Watching it over the Internet is okay but I would much rather be using the desktop software. A direct solution would be great, if that's not possible just put me in the right direction. Let me know if I have not provided enough information. Thanks

• Re: Audio Only
            Apprentice

Hi thomasdevlin3, we are not currently developing the Slingplayer 2.0 application so we encourage you to keep using Watch.slingbox.com with your Slingbox, however for your issue with the video I suggest you make sure that the computer is up to date and also try to reinstall the Slingplayer application.

How to uninstall SlingPlayer 2.0 for Windows

Regards.