1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 3, 2011 5:00 PM by ranaleon RSS

Lower delay/increase responsiveness while "at home"

millardjk

Is there any way to lower the delay (or increase the responsiveness) to remote control actions while streaming at home? I have a Solo on my gigabit wired network, and there always seems to be a 2-3 second delay for any control actions--even if I use the device's "regular" remote instead of the software remote--before the stream shows a response.

I understand the need for buffering while streaming on Internet, but while I'm using my local connection, I'd prefer the remote to be a bit more responsive at the expense of some video quality.

• Re: Lower delay/increase responsiveness while "at home"
          Apprentice

Hi, millardjk

Since you are having some issues with the responsiveness on the virtual remote control, we can provide you with some steps to follow.

If you are using the web-based SlingPlayer version, run the TV outputs setup one more time and adjust the speed according to the available options. 

If you are using the SlingPlayer software version, the following link will provide you with some steps to follow.

Control mode

Finally, keep in mind that when using the Slingbox, you might get a delay for up to 7 seconds on the remote control commands.

Regards