3 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2011 9:23 AM by flieger45 RSS

Need to know before I buy

flieger45

I have done searches and cannot find the answer to this...with the Pro-HD can I be in another location (out of network streaming) and watch anything on digital cable with my wife being home watching what ever she wants?  Or what ever I watch she has too watch?  I can't seem to find the answer to this.  Help would be appreciated.  Thank yoiu

• Re: Need to know before I buy
          bastian74 Newbie

It hooks up to the video output of your cable box / satelite box.

So if your cable/satelite box supports more than 1 tv and seperate viewing then yes.

If you have to cable boxes then put the slingbox on the one she's not likely to be watching.

If you only have one cable box then she must watch what you watch.

chakkarinen Apprentice

Some cable companies provide a "mini cable box" called a Digital Transport Adapter for free, as part of their response to the federal mandate a year or so ago to switch from analog to all-digital TV signal transmission.   If you get one of these devices and a splitter to split the signal from your wall outlet to deliver the signal to both the cable box and the DTA, then both of you can watch separate channels simultaneously, with, for example, the TV connected directly to the cable box and the Slingbox connected directly to the DTA.

flieger45

Thanks for the help.  I will probably get an additional cable box for the bedroom and just run it off of there.