12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2011 1:57 AM by fhscot RSS

New Sky HD Box

wgg

I have just had a new Sky HD box installed, an Amstrad 1tg.  I previously had a Thompson HD Sky box and this had the correct connections on it to connect to my Singbox Pro.

However The Sky installer explained that the new Amstrad had been 'slimmed down' in respect of connections and this has apparently left me without my dearly loved and much used Slingbox.

Is there a solution?

• Re: New Sky HD Box
          alanrichey42 Master

What connections do you have ?

wgg

Hello,

The Amstrad is a 1TB model no DRX895-C

I have attached the pages from the Sky booklet in respect of attaching additional devices.  The Thomson box had the usual composite connections plus Audio out

alanrichey42 Master

So why can't you connect the Slingbox using the composite connections ?

wgg

Hello Alan

The Amstrad does not have Composite connections, the Thomson did.  It was the Sky engineer who said he could not connect the slingbox.  Are you saying it is possible to connect to the new box with different leads?

Sky DRX895 Sky+ HD Digibox Specifications and Features

Contents include:
                      - Sky+HD Digibox with massive 1.5TB 7200RPM SATA hard drive (1TB for personal storage)
                      - HD Remote Control (includes 2 x AA batteries)
                      - UK Power Lead
                      - HDMI Lead
                      - Need a Scart Lead?

Connections
                      - HDMI
                      - CVBS Video Output
                      - Digital Optical Audio Output
                      - Digital Coaxial Audio Output
                      - L&R Phono Audio Output (white and red)
                      - VCR/DVD Scart
                      - Dish input 1 & 2
                      - External SATA
                      - External Ethernet (RJ45)
                      - Modem/telephone connection (RJ11)
                      - USB Interface (x2)
                      - Aerial In
                      - RF Out 1
                      - RF Out 2 (9v)

* Please note that the Sky HD digiboxes do not include Component outputs; for HD picture you must use HDMI

alanrichey42 Master

Lot's of choices :-)

You say the Amstrad doesn't have Composite, but CVBS stands for Composite Video Blanking and Sync and is normally a Yellow RCA Phono, and you have L&R Phono Audio Output (white and red), so I would suggest you DO have Composite.

Or you could use the VCR/DVD SCART (Unless it is hardwired for Input only).   UK Slingboxes come with a SCART/Composite converter, but if you don't have one then they are easy to get, http://www.maplin.co.uk/scart-phono-s-vhs-adaptor-35931 for example

Al

wgg

Hi Al

I have been a plonker, a complete plonker!!!

I have just dived in and reconnected the leads, done a reinstall of the slingbox and its working!!  The Sky guy must have been having a bad day!

The only problem appears to be that on the list the set-up assistant gave me of the sat boxes it did not show the Amstrad DRX895-c.

I choose one that said Sky-+, but I have HD, the controller is now the Sky+ one instead of the HD controller.

I am really sorry about this I should have done the re-install BEFORE posting for help.

Thanks for your patience and help, do you have any suggestion re the controller?

Thanks a lot

Ken

• Re: Streaming from Sky+ Box
                      fhscot

hello

what's the legal situation of streaming sky tv content from a sky+ box (Multiroom) from UK to USA

fhscot