4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2011 11:41 AM by Fofo RSS

New router

kreator1

I just installed a new wireless router on my network, and now I can't access my Pro HD on my computer, Galaxy Tab, or my EVO. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to remedy this?

• Re: New router
          Apprentice

Hi kreator1,

This is a regular issue when you change the router since the Slingbox loses the network connectivity. To fix this you can Reset to the Slingbox and then run the Setup at slingbox.com

Hope this helps

Regards

chakkarinen Apprentice

And after resetting the Slingbox, I would also suggest that you program your new router to assign a static IP address to the Slingbox, and then program the router to forward port 5001 to that static IP address.  The manual that came with your new router should explain how to do both of these tasks.   After completing those two tasks, then if you power-cycle both the router and the Slingbox (but unpluging their power cords for 30 seconds, then plugging them back in to the electricity), you should find that you can view the Slingbox with both the Slingplayer software and the web browser add-on.

kreator1

Hey guys thanks for the great info! One other thing I ran into was my laptop! I run Win 7 w/64 bit, had to use my daughters netbook to set it all up.