5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2011 3:04 AM by Daveppowell RSS

No Network light sb200-100

dbriddle

When I power this unit on, I see the power light, but not network like.

I've followed the troubleshooting steps from previous messsages here, including different network cables, different router ports.

I can hold the reset button on the unit for 5-10 seconds, nothing happens.

I do notice on my network hub, that the link light will slowly flash when the unit is plugged in.  But no link is made.  And the router does not report any new device (arp).

I've tested the dc output of the power supply and it is at 6v.  It is a "Sunny" branded unit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dan

• Re: No Network light sb200-100
          Novice

Hi dbriddle.

Since you are not receiving a network light on your Slingbox PRO while it is been connected to a hub, I will recommend you to hardwire the Slingbox to the router using the same Ethernet cable provided with the unit. Also make sure that you are using the same AC adapter that came with the Slingbox.

If the issue persist, I encourage you to use the following troubleshooting steps:

The Network light on your Slingbox is off

Best regards.

jayjaxdad

I am having the same problem and followed all the steps on the link you gave.  A friend actually gave me his sling box and it was working.  I have reset the modem have connection from the router to slingbox still no luck.  I reset with the black button and I have a solid power light.  I thought when you reset it should blink but nothing yet.  Is there some software or something I should download?

jayjaxdad

What if you follow these steps and still no luck???  See my reply post.

dbriddle

I waited to respond, as I ordered a new power supply.

I have receveived it, however the same situation persists.

Still not Network like.

When I have the network cord plugged in, I see the link light on the router blink slowly for that connection.

I've tried different routers, different network cords, same result.

I've been the the steps described.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Daveppowell

I have the same problem suggesting this is a physical hardware failure. Will not reset, no net or sling box light, no flashing, originally started with occasional net failure now permanent suggesting broken . Is there a repair service?