5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2017 6:15 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

setup new box

rgreen911

I had an old Sling Box and have purchased a Slingbox 500.  It is connected to my network.  I downloaded the Slingplayer app and logged in.  When I go to the the app and I find my old SB, when I click either Connerct or Reconfigure I get "

Sorry, we do not support setup on browser anymore. Please click below link to download 'SlingPlayerDesktop' application to configure/re-configure your Slingbox.

http://www.slingbox.com/Products/SlingplayerApps" I am not in browser mode?  How do I change or add my 500?

• Re: setup new box
          alanrichey42 Master

You do what they told you to do.   Download and install the Desktop app, configure the 500 then switch to the browser to watch it.

What didn't you understand ?

rgreen911

No need to be a smart a... As I stated, I did download the app, went to connect and it give this message.

alanrichey42 Master

So why is my answer marked Correct ?     And now you have confused me even more.   When you started the Desktop player there should not have been an option to Connect.

Can you describe EXACTLY what you are doing ?

rgreen911

I ran the browser Sling link and got a message: Slingbox.com/watch

I get this message:

I selected the link and then:

I downloaded:

Installed SlingplayerDesktop:

Run the app: Get this page which show my old Slingbox.

Click configure, starts "Looking for your ...., after short wait get message: There's a problem communicating with your Slingbox. Make sure your Slingbox is connected to the Internet.

Restart the app and select connect,  Get this message:

Sorry, we do not support setup on browser anymore. Please click below link to download 'SlingPlayerDesktop' application to configure/re-configure your Slingbox.

http://www.slingbox.com/Products/SlingplayerApps

Note:  this message comes when inside the app, not a browser window???

alanrichey42 Master

Click configure, starts "Looking for your ...., after short wait get message: There's a problem communicating with your Slingbox. Make sure your Slingbox is connected to the Internet.

OK, that is a totally different problem, there is something wrong with your connection.  Can't really help with that.

Restart the app and select connect,  Get this message:

OK, that is the bit I find odd.   Every time I start the Desktop Player I only get the Reconfigure button, I have never seen a 'Connect' option.   Most odd.