5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2017 11:17 AM by drhenning53 RSS

Sling player on Android phone - memory issues

bharkey

How can I move the slingplayer app to my memory card? If that can't be done how do I prevent the app from storing tons of memory on my phones internal memory. Example I watched slingplayer app on my phone for 5 min. and it downloads 14GB of memory to my internal device which automatically wipes out all the internal memory I have. This seems to occur every time I use and play the app. Don't know how to avoid the influx of memory dump. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. thx.

• Re: Sling player on Android phone - memory issues
          hacklert

The exact same thing is happening on my s7 edge. 14 gig file log file is created. I can go in manually delete the file but it comes back if the run the software again. What can be going into a 14 gig log file? Is there a fix for this yet?

bharkey

I figured it out. Thank you. On a S7e,

Settings, Privacy and Emergency, App Permissions,Storage, Then uncheck Slingplayer. I relaunched the app and it's no longer saving any content to the internal drive.

drhenning53 Newbie

I was having the same problem on my S8+ ..  I used it for a while the other day and suddenly it used about 40GB!!     I looked through my new phone and saw what the SlingPlayer was using..   Based  on the tip above, I went into the App setup screen and turned off data access.. it warned me that it may not work since the App was written for an older Android version but after I saved it, I connected to my box without a problem with minimal data use...  After years of having to play swap App to try and save internal memory for Apps, it is a joy with his new phone and it's 64GB that I haven't even bothered inserting SD card which I can..    I just don't carry around enough to bother..

I have found that I don't need to use my Slingbox that much anymore since so much that XFINITY has is available live on its website anyway..  The only thing that isn't for the most part are some live local events..    But I can DVR anything like that if I want and watch them with the Xfinity Cloud DVR service as soon as the event is over...  I guess there's some sort of legal thing with showing it live or real time..Where I used to find it most useful was in a second home where I can program my slingbox/ROKU to work together to watch the TV at my primary home without needing a local video package.