1 Reply Latest reply: May 23, 2011 3:16 AM by ppissierssens RSS

Coax does not work - help!

ppissierssens Newbie

Hi

I just got my Slingbox in Belgium. I was able to connect my Satbox (using the SCART plug+cable provided) and that works fine. However I cannot get the internal tuner to work. I have analog cable through Telenet. There is nothing wrong with the cabling as I connected the coax to the TV through the Slingbox and I get signal on the TV (ie coax from wallplug to Slingbox coax in then Slingbox coax out to TV coax in). I have tried both applicable options: analog cable, analog antenna but the scan ends up with 0 channels. I really do not understand what is the problem. Is the inbuilt tuner so weak it needs a superstrong signal? Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? My firmware version is 2.1.90 and hardware 2.53.0

Thanks in advance

peter

• Using SlingBox in Belgium with Telenet - coax input
          ppissierssens Newbie

folks

if you want to use a SlingBox in Belgium, you get your TV through Telenet and you wish to connect your Slingbox to the Coax input then be aware: If you set the Slingbox to country=Belgium then scanning for TV signals will result in 0 channels. To get all analog signals you need to use the setting country=Germany. If you then scan "Cable, analog" then you will get all channels (approx. 28). Note that channels will be numbered starting 11 (not 1) and will be ordered by frequency.

peter