3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2017 1:40 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Slingbox update won't finish!

milo2334
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have a slingbox solo and have been trying to update it.  Every time I click on next to update it gets to 25% and then goes no further.  The wheel of death just keeps spinning and because of it my slingbox doesn't work.

• Re: Slingbox update won't finish!
          alanrichey42 Master

You obviously didn't search the forum (or do google query ) before posting the question ?   I have personally answered this question 13 times on this forum and have to admit I am beginning to get very frustrated with users that don't do a bit of basic research before posting.

(The answer, for the 14th time, is borrow a Windows machine, this is a bug in the Mac software)

milo2334

You are talking to someone who is not really tech savvy. I did look on the forums and didn't see anything I thought could help me. I looked just a few minutes for your name and couldn't find it. So when I use a windows machine do I download the windows version and how will that work on my Mac. Again you are talking to someone who really doesn't get all this! I really do appreciate your help.

alanrichey42 Master

This is ONLY for the update.  Once that is complete you can go back to viewing on the Mac.   Just do the same on the Windows machine as you are doing on the Mac.  The only difference is that it won't stop at 25%.

BTW, you don't have to be tech savvy to type Slingbox 25% into a Google search.   Try it now.