3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 8:23 PM by duhidunno1 RSS

On Demand by Comcast

CFelker

My slingbox is set up and works but when I try to access the OnDemand I only get audio. The screen says please wait and even after five minutes the visual has not come up yet. I live in Germany and my slingbox is hooked up at my moms house in the states if that is relevant. Does anyone know why it's doing this?

• Re: On Demand by Comcast
          chakkarinen Apprentice

I took a quick look at the help forums on Comcast and see that there are quite a bit of discussions there about Video on Demand access, as well as viewing with Slingboxs between the USA and Europe.  You might post your question over there to see if there is a known answer -- at http://forums.comcast.com/

bastian74 Newbie

Are you using HDMI?

duhidunno1

If you are using HDMI out on the cable box to the TV and component to the slingbox, Comcast's box will block your signal due to HDCP (high definition copy protection).  You need to unplug the HDMI cable and power cycle your cable box to regain the video signal.  Also, eventhough it is annoying and dumbing your system down, you need to connect your tv to the slingbox component output and cable box to the slingbox in.  Comcast and the cable box cannot block HDCP content through component connections.  Found this out after hours of pain and lost sports events.